ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Holy cow man, how long has yours been apart? It seems like forever now.

It has been forever...since Oct 1 of 2011...beyond pissed with how long it took to get some of the parts I bought for it...that's half the reason I'm ready to sell it

Sent from my SCH-I535

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It has been forever...since Oct 1 of 2011...beyond pissed with how long it took to get some of the parts I bought for it...that's half the reason I'm ready to sell it

Sent from my SCH-I535

blame it on me !!! godzilla has been down bout the same amount of time, november of 11' , ran for a couple days though !!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Holy cow. And i thought 5 months was bad

It took me 18 months of acquiring parts to built my 7.3 so it could run in the early months of 2007.

My Duramax has been down for right at a year while I go through the chassis and I ordered the first round of parts for the big stuff 6 months before I started and didn't get the last bits of the first order until 6 months ago.

It took me two years to get the custom plungers and barrels that I designed from a machine shop that specializes in plungers and barrels (by they time they are rough machined, hardened, ground, sent to Europe for a special coating, shipped back, and fit - all while lumping them into other batches of parts going through similar processes while the economy was in the ****ter) - keep in mind that I am the parts originator, its not like I ordered them through a shop and could just call up and complain - they are my baby.

Custom means long lead times and patience. These parts for these trucks are often crafted one at a time or in very small production runs that must be fit into a schedule for all the operations to be completed in a certain order - that takes time. Generally speaking no one pays enough to get things in the timeline they think it should take.

Wayne

Reaction score
OK back on topic. What turbos were in the shorty truck when you did the baseline run?

BIG. I'll let Tadd fill you in on the specs if he wants. With the setup this truck has, it's an excellent opportunity for these manifolds to show gains, at least with a VGT in the equation.

Last edited:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
im assuming there comes a point where dollars to fun factor just gets out of control, and you found your personal limit??

Erikclaw

Reaction score
It took me 18 months of acquiring parts to built my 7.3 so it could run in the early months of 2007.

My Duramax has been down for right at a year while I go through the chassis and I ordered the first round of parts for the big stuff 6 months before I started and didn't get the last bits of the first order until 6 months ago.

It took me two years to get the custom plungers and barrels that I designed from a machine shop that specializes in plungers and barrels (by they time they are rough machined, hardened, ground, sent to Europe for a special coating, shipped back, and fit - all while lumping them into other batches of parts going through similar processes while the economy was in the ****ter) - keep in mind that I am the parts originator, its not like I ordered them through a shop and could just call up and complain - they are my baby.

Custom means long lead times and patience. These parts for these trucks are often crafted one at a time or in very small production runs that must be fit into a schedule for all the operations to be completed in a certain order - that takes time. Generally speaking no one pays enough to get things in the timeline they think it should take.

Well that makes me feel a little better about not having mine since last May. Parts etc has been the worst part, they aren't like getting something for a chevy gas motor. It has tested my patience for sure and don't plan on doing something this different or drastic again.

I blame Mike for all of this. LOL

Not sure if I will be using the latest design of these manifolds or not. Will depend on Tadd's results for sure.

Wayne

Reaction score
OK back on topic. What turbos were in the shorty truck when you did the baseline run?

Well, apparently the stats aren't too big of a deal. It has 70% (150 hp) nozzles, and Max power x compounds. It's actually theout set pictured on our website. Baseline hp is 897. There's still more on the table, but will require more tuning after the manifold tests are complete. Nice thing with the testing is manifolds and up pipes will be the ONLY changes.

Wayne

Reaction score
Getting swapped tomorrow and Friday. Just trying to free up a lift so we can get it back in. Re-dynoing it Monday if all goes well.

Latest posts

Members online