ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

Midweststroker

Reaction score
I am running the latest set on my 6.4. I didn't do a dyno test before and after, but what I can tell you is the quality is amazing, the spool up is quick, they handle heat (and I mean fire red hot) well, and after looking/comparing the design to the 6.0 I would think they'd have to be as good or better. IMO...worth the money.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I spent $2k the first time when they said I would gain HUGE power and mileage. I dynoed the truck before and after as stated in this post and LOST large amounts of power and mileage. I dont know about the rest of you guys, but I wouldnt spend another penny on these without seeing some numbers. The first set looked awesome too as well as had awesome quality. These were a complete nightmare to change out and I just wouldnt do it again without a HUGE gain. Also remember that you have to spend the money on custom up pipes ($700-1000) for something that has not been tested again and proven to build useable power. Thats a lot of money to not know what you are getting for results.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i just got mine off. hell yeah they look, and always have looked good. looks dont equal power. i was more impressed with the up pipes elite made.. works of art. all for nothing, actually less than nothing. cab off twice and 70 horse down. spoolup is back too!! i think the only people who can compare anything are those that changed everything at once.

gman1

Reaction score
i just got mine off. hell yeah they look, and always have looked good. looks dont equal power. i was more impressed with the up pipes elite made.. works of art. all for nothing, actually less than nothing. cab off twice and 70 horse down. spoolup is back too!! i think the only people who can compare anything are those that changed everything at once.

Is the silver surfer back on the road then?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Aww. Good luck in whatever way u decide to do. If i could sell mine I'd be interested. Are you keeping godzilla?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

blown gassers for now.

as for godzilla yeah, just gonna drive it around at home and try to enjoy it.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
I know tadd did some intial testing with 6.0 or 6.4 manifolds and was going to swap manifolds and do another test but i think he's a little busy with everything else they got going on. I would like to see some more data... engine dyno would be ideal

We finally got a solid baseline on the Shorty truck so we install the revised speedsteeds this week and dyno next monday.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.