Are pushrods and springs really needed?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Heres a picture of Mikes truck after 36,000 miles of abuse with
Factory Turbos with 150hp nozzles, modded pump and 2 stages of nitrous for 10k with backpressure almost to 90 psi
Single turbo for 9k running 55psi and spraying the hell out of it going 11.3
and now currently running our new compounds at 75psi boost for the last 7,000 miles
No marks in pistons from the valves

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 346

BFT

Reaction score
What do the heads look like?
I've seen destroyed pistons with barely any damage to the heads before

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Theres no damage to either...were just replacing headgaskets and putting bigger injectors and ii pump in
Just want to show people that springs and pushrods arent really needed unless going to a bigger cam or high rpm

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Theres no damage to either...were just replacing headgaskets and putting bigger injectors and ii pump in
Just want to show people that springs and pushrods arent really needed unless going to a bigger cam or high rpm

So to say they are not needed that would mean you have determined that there is no valve bounce causing possible power losses and damage to valves, lifters, pushrods, etc.

Also you have measured pushrod deflection and determined what losses are occuring. Which based on your comment you say is none.

To post up this info to disprove why it shouldn't be done I would expect much more data than "well it looks ok" with some factual testing data.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Oh no..... Why do I already see this turning into the piston thread agian....maybe craigs truck has 30% stronger oem valve train.... Serious note..thanks Craig good to know you cam have that much hp and drive it hard and not have to worry about it.... And as far as 6.0 I know what your sayinig... I think Craig may have been saying based on his findings. There not needed for reliblity reasons....

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What about the guy who bent a pushrod on a 6.4 on here with just a tune

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I think pushrods and springs are just safe. Not saying they will bend, just knowing that they won't and knowing my piston isn't gonna kiss the valve. Anybody breaks a shaft at wot runs the risk of damage.

11STROKER

Reaction score
I think pushrods and springs are just safe. Not saying they will bend, just knowing that they won't and knowing my piston isn't gonna kiss the valve. Anybody breaks a shaft at wot runs the risk of damage.[/Qim with mike and craig here i dont think they are needed i went three years without them on a big tune with nitrous and never bent one. but since it is coming apart y not, its cheap insurance

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.