best nozzle for pmrs.

under pressure

Reaction score
very interested as to your thoughts.

fuel not being the subject, what nozzle is safer given a good tune. i see more guys nozzeling up to 200s on pmrs. So what nozzle spikes the pressures harder to make 425+ hp.

30% longer, hotter PW
80%
100%
200% tiny, cool PW

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
I have a set of Swamps 200CC/ 30% Single shot hybrids that I love. Those with a 64mm turbo put down 442 HP at 5,000FT elevation with a hole in my up pipe that I didn't know about at the time

CurtisF

Reaction score
Here's my thoughts...

If you go with a small nozzle that will just barely flow enough fuel to make "X" hp, you're going to have to extend the PW long enough to make that power. Meaning the injection event will have to be advanced enough to have the fuel spray long enough to get enough of that fuel in to reach that power goal. Advance it far enough and you get higher CP's, and bye bye PMR's.

Or if you go with a larger nozzle, you can inject enough fuel in a small enough window of time, and still be able to back down on the timing enough to keep the peak CP's at an acceptable level.

Of course the trick to all of that is to keep the fueling at lower RPM's in check. You'll want to shoot for 425hp with a lower peak torque number, not a higher one. This will also mean that the peak torque and HP numbers will occur higher in the RPM band. Higher CP's is what contributes to higher torque numbers, everything else being equal of course.

Last edited:

under pressure

Reaction score
i was assuming this, considering it doesnt take alot of fuel to burn 425 horses, the pw could be very short @ 3000 psi. i apprecite the insight, most know the bigger power trucks praise what an oversized nozzle can do in any situation. So i wanted to see the affects at a lower level.

i would believe egts on the 200 nozzle would be low as well.

does some know the injection math to figure out PW. id be interested to see the PW differences between 100/200 nozzles. 170cc @ 3000psi ??

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
swap in a forged motor.

If you are going to spend the money, take $1500 and buy a motor and then take a weekend and swap it. Sell your PMR motor and be good to go.
Making power that you are expecting to fail doesn't make sense to me.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
swap in a forged motor.

If you are going to spend the money, take $1500 and buy a motor and then take a weekend and swap it. Sell your PMR motor and be good to go.
Making power that you are expecting to fail doesn't make sense to me.

Block out more then a weekend... LOL

And I made 430hp on PMR's 5 years ago... And those PMR's are still in the shop, and the block is one of my spares. I do have a Forged rod block that has a nice window in the side of it, as well as DI having a nice green block with the #2 and #4 mains cracked.

No need to swap a good running motor if you have a tuner that knows WTF he is doing.

For a PMR truck in my mind a set of standard hybrids is fine... I prefer just a good set of AC's with 100% nozzles.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Block out more then a weekend... LOL

And I made 430hp on PMR's 5 years ago... And those PMR's are still in the shop, and the block is one of my spares. I do have a Forged rod block that has a nice window in the side of it, as well as DI having a nice green block with the #2 and #4 mains cracked.

No need to swap a good running motor if you have a tuner that knows WTF he is doing.

For a PMR truck in my mind a set of standard hybrids is fine... I prefer just a good set of AC's with 100% nozzles.

Couldn't agree more that tuning is huge. Unfortunately with the amount of injector builders and options for tuning, the tuning is not always dialed in perfectly. Which can easily lead to issues.

Piece of mind would be to swap the motor real quick, not much of an expense when you look at it in the long run.

under pressure

Reaction score
in my case, i have a forged rod block, but needs a complete rebuild, so i had decided to hold on to it an work on it here and there untill a pmr lets go. im also moving a couple hours from No Limit and PHP so a live tune is what im looking at. May just go 180/100

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
in my case, i have a forged rod block, but needs a complete rebuild, so i had decided to hold on to it an work on it here and there untill a pmr lets go. im also moving a couple hours from No Limit and PHP so a live tune is what im looking at. May just go 180/100

300/200 if your getting a live tune from Bill.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.