BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I'll take some time to update everyone on the reports I've gotten from Jared the past couple days.

Truck sounds and runs great. Makes 40lbs like it's it's job. Drives absolutely awesome and spools just a hair slower than a streetmax. Puffs a bit from a stab. Surprisingly quite in the cab. Can definitely tell it has added frictions in the trans and shifts firm. Levi found driving it home on some hills that with the 3.31s and 35s it wants to bog down in OD. So went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 3.73 swap and will continue to fine tune it. Also was pulling to the right, I believe from the shop that installed the ALAs originally, so it's getting the tires rotated, rebalanced, and new alignment. Also putting some new sensors in to read boost, back pressure, etc since the oem ones start to skew around 35-38 psi. Will only help with fine tuning. Other than the couple finishing touches the truck is basically done besides changing out the break in fluids. Jared says even with the 3.31s it feels like 650+ all day.

Reaction score
I'll take some time to update everyone on the reports I've gotten from Jared the past couple days.

Truck sounds and runs great. Makes 40lbs like it's it's job. Drives absolutely awesome and spools just a hair slower than a streetmax. Puffs a bit from a stab. Surprisingly quite in the cab. Can definitely tell it has added frictions in the trans and shifts firm. Levi found driving it home on some hills that with the 3.31s and 35s it wants to bog down in OD. So went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 3.73 swap and will continue to fine tune it. Also was pulling to the right, I believe from the shop that installed the ALAs originally, so it's getting the tires rotated, rebalanced, and new alignment. Also putting some new sensors in to read boost, back pressure, etc since the oem ones start to skew around 35-38 psi. Will only help with fine tuning. Other than the couple finishing touches the truck is basically done besides changing out the break in fluids. Jared says even with the 3.31s it feels like 650+ all day.

Thats awesome man! I bet youre like a kid in a candy store waiting for the OK to come pick this hog up!! Also, you mentioned that it bogged down with the 3.31s so you went with the 3.73s. Did they play around with tuning at all first to see if they could help tune it out by keeping it a littler higher in the RPMs when cruising? Also, hopefully Jared gives you the super awesome premium customer loyalty discount cause Id hate to see the bill for all this when its done LOL

Last edited:

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Thats awesome man! I bet youre like a kid in a candy store waiting for the OK to come pick this hog up!! Also, you mentioned that it bogged down with the 3.31s so you went with the 3.73s. Did they play around with tuning at all first to see if they could help tune it out by keeping it a littler higher in the RPMs when cruising? Also, hopefully Jared gives you the super awesome premium customer loyalty discount cause Id hate to see the bill for all this when its done LOL

Oh yeah... definitely a kid in a really REALLY big candy store when I heard it running for the first time. I was set on doing 3.73s before the truck was running but after they told me with 3.31s and 35s it basically carries no drive pressure while cruising in OD it just made the decision to do it sooner that much easier. I'd rather have the gearing right and tune from there instead of tuning around gearing.

You should check it out. Levis been driving it so you might see it out on the road near quitting time.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Oh yeah... definitely a kid in a really REALLY big candy store when I heard it running for the first time. I was set on doing 3.73s before the truck was running but after they told me with 3.31s and 35s it basically carries no drive pressure while cruising in OD it just made the decision to do it sooner that much easier. I'd rather have the gearing right and tune from there instead of tuning around gearing.

You should check it out. Levis been driving it so you might see it out on the road near quitting time.

Good call Pete, Tuning around improper gearing really never works out the way you want it to. May as well put the icing on the cake!

Reaction score

Yeah, I completely understand with the gear swap. When are they doing the swap and are you picking it up this weekend?

50_shooter

Reaction score
Im curious to see how the 3.73's affect it. I have 3.55's and I was thinking of going even lower, like 4.10's if they are available. Mine runs low boost (like 2lbs) and bogs sometimes in 6th as well.
On the big tune (I think like 1836 pw) it will fog like a mf from a dig, them max out the boost guage at 42 in a couple seconds. I think mines boosting close to 50, because I can get 42+ pounds out of it on the 1536 tune.

I think its a good call on the boost gauge. I need one too. I cant remember if you put the wastegate kit on yours? I have no idea what is safe boost for this charger, did anyone say?

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Im curious to see how the 3.73's affect it. I have 3.55's and I was thinking of going even lower, like 4.10's if they are available. Mine runs low boost (like 2lbs) and bogs sometimes in 6th as well.
On the big tune (I think like 1836 pw) it will fog like a mf from a dig, them max out the boost guage at 42 in a couple seconds. I think mines boosting close to 50, because I can get 42+ pounds out of it on the 1536 tune.

I think its a good call on the boost gauge. I need one too. I cant remember if you put the wastegate kit on yours? I have no idea what is safe boost for this charger, did anyone say?
Yeah I'm running the waste gate option on mine. Have to wait and see what it does after they get it swapped over. Curious myself as well

dseitler

Reaction score
All I can say is when I ran Tadd's 106 Tune for the first time after switching away from a VGT I saw Guardrails out both my left and right side window and there was only one Guardrail. LOL

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
All I can say is when I ran Tadd's 106 Tune for the first time after switching away from a VGT I saw Guardrails out both my left and right side window and there was only one Guardrail. LOL

Tadd doesn't play games with his tuning. If you ask him for more power, he will make damn sure thats what you get lol

Latest posts

Members online