Builds DONE!

Jhaddox

Reaction score
With Craig and everyone else beating the stock rods and them holding up the way they are made me do it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Just read threw it all as well.

Mind telling us what exactly changed your mind on the rods?

Can't wait to see you run this thing at Rudy's in March and I'm sure you'll probably piss yourself once you finally get to drive it again lol. Awesome build!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

6.0/6.4 rods are pretty stout.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Yea, I knew that just was more wondering about what they were talking about with the aftermarket rods being "unfinished"or something?

And I don't blame you for saving that 3+ grand when the stockers are holding up fine lol

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Yea, I knew that just was more wondering about what they were talking about with the aftermarket rods being "unfinished"or something?

And I don't blame you for saving that 3+ grand when the stockers are holding up fine lol

What post number? I honestly forget

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Ok found it...they needed a little extra when they came in when Shane got his set...that, as far as I know isn't the case anymore

I didn't go with em solely because of a cost perspective

White_monster

Reaction score
Not to derail the thread but the Carrillo rods still don't come finished. Takes about 5mins a rod to finish them. Just needs a quick file to take the sharp edge off the split point. Do this so when the bearing is rolled in that there is no material scraped off the back of the bearing that could pile up under the bearing and cause a high spot. This should also be done to the block where the bed plate meets the block. Just a stroke or 2 of the file is all that's needed, no major work. Hope that clarifies the unfinished part.

Derail over.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Well I finally have an intake coming, thanks to Shane (white_monster) for coming through and helping me out on that...he heard the problems I was having and got one made for me in 1 hour...I really appreciate it buddy!

I just have to order a filter and I should be good to go

I don't have a hold up on getting my truck drivable again finally

Sent from my SCH-I535

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355806425084.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355806425084.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 184

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well I finally have an intake coming, thanks to Shane (white_monster) for coming through and helping me out on that...he heard the problems I was having and got one made for me in 1 hour...I really appreciate it buddy!

I just have to order a filter and I should be good to go

I don't have a hold up on getting my truck drivable again finally

Sent from my SCH-I535

You own a Ford?? Great to see it coming together, been a while. Now lets see what a lots of fuel will get cha. :ford:

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Any updates, really hoping the manual PCM gets rid of the wrench light with the 4R conversion. Thanks
-Stew

Just waiting on a day it's not snowing so we can get the engine to the same place as the truck...hopefully it'll be running within 3 weeks then the tweaking with the wrench light will happen

Sent from my SCH-I535

fine69

Reaction score
Just waiting on a day it's not snowing so we can get the engine to the same place as the truck...hopefully it'll be running within 3 weeks then the tweaking with the wrench light will happen

Sent from my SCH-I535

I have an enclosed trailer if you need it.

Latest posts

Members online