Call it my build thread I guess

DieselSD

Reaction score
Hey there TXlineman83, I'm in Round Rock myself. Maybe one day our paths will cross. Do you have a preferred shop around here other than the available dealer options?

Sorry I am of no help here but I'm extremely interested in seeing the outcome of your build.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Hey there TXlineman83, I'm in Round Rock myself. Maybe one day our paths will cross. Do you have a preferred shop around here other than the available dealer options?

Sorry I am of no help here but I'm extremely interested in seeing the outcome of your build.

Round Rock is awesome. I'll be there Thursday or Friday. Trying to get the rig on the dyno at ABT diesel. PM when u get the chance

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
why dont you take the truck back to the place that did the work and get them to fix it. you paid to have the work done.

also, by you messing with it yourself(fass) they will find it easy to pass the buck,

if its not running right, i wouldnt keep modding it until its fixed. jmo of course.

p/s not trying to be a dick but i shared many of the same frustrations as you when i did mine. it was months before all the bugs were worked out.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
why dont you take the truck back to the place that did the work and get them to fix it. you paid to have the work done.

also, by you messing with it yourself(fass) they will find it easy to pass the buck,

if its not running right, i wouldnt keep modding it until its fixed. jmo of course.

p/s not trying to be a dick but i shared many of the same frustrations as you when i did mine. it was months before all the bugs were worked out.

No hard feeling here. It's the name of the game. If the FRP sensor doesn't fix it. It will be headed to the shop that worked on it. It's just my nature to try and figure it out. The shop is 100 miles from me. And I'm 500 miles from home. So the more I learn and troubleshoot myself. The better it will be when I can't get to a shop. Just my humble opinion

sootie

Reaction score
No hard feeling here. It's the name of the game. If the FRP sensor doesn't fix it. It will be headed to the shop that worked on it. It's just my nature to try and figure it out. The shop is 100 miles from me. And I'm 500 miles from home. So the more I learn and troubleshoot myself. The better it will be when I can't get to a shop. Just my humble opinion

10-4 i didnt realize the distance factor...i would've done the same thing...

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I can appreciate your desire to learn your truck... But. I think you should have left it at the shop that did the work to cover your own azz. Once you open it up or add anything you could be sol. If you were pressed to get home just rent a car. Cheaper in the long run and much less agrivating. I also understand wanting your truck back. I've waited 5 months to get my conversion back. It was 45 days over promised delivery date but they hit some snags with parts. Nothing I could do about it. I called every other day to pester the hell out of the guy doing the workin (all in good fun and we're friends to this day) but patience is paramount. Good luck getting sorted out.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I can appreciate your desire to learn your truck... But. I think you should have left it at the shop that did the work to cover your own azz. Once you open it up or add anything you could be sol. If you were pressed to get home just rent a car. Cheaper in the long run and much less agrivating. I also understand wanting your truck back. I've waited 5 months to get my conversion back. It was 45 days over promised delivery date but they hit some snags with parts. Nothing I could do about it. I called every other day to pester the hell out of the guy doing the workin (all in good fun and we're friends to this day) but patience is paramount. Good luck getting sorted out.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online