Call it my build thread I guess

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I know and this last week is always the longest. It will be worth it though.

Yeah. I was offered the chance to get it sooner but that would have meant passing on bronze valve guides and I feel that's important to have while the chance is given.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
gagamyra.jpg
ryty2e6e.jpg
etemery7.jpg
u7uma7eq.jpg
pumydeju.jpg

Scores of joy

B585Ford

Reaction score
The only reason I could see to delete the fuel bowl in his situation is to make it a one way loop system to route the hot return fuel from the rails/HPFP back to the tank instead of back to the fuel bowl itself.

Wouldn't the hot fuel (rails and HPFP) go to the cooler and then the tank? Ok, I read a later post....you deleted your cooler also (or at least don't have it hooked up), right? And you are running an unregulated return, right?

Last edited:

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Wouldn't the hot fuel (rails and HPFP) go to the cooler and then the tank? Ok, I read a later post....you deleted your cooler also (or at least don't have it hooked up), right? And you are running an unregulated return, right?

I am running a Fass 150 lpfp. Keeping my stock fuel system and cooler from there all the way throughout. I'm not familiar with the fuel bowl deletes and therefore not going to delete something with an uneducated decision. Truth of the matter is. That's whys it's still on there. If ur asking if I'm running a unregulated return or not I couldn't tell u. Just bought a better filtration fuel system that would pump enough fuel to not starve my HPFP. Does that make any sense or am I just rambling.

Or was that not even directed to me. Lol

B585Ford

Reaction score
I am running a Fass 150 lpfp. Keeping my stock fuel system and cooler from there all the way throughout. I'm not familiar with the fuel bowl deletes and therefore not going to delete something with an uneducated decision. Truth of the matter is. That's whys it's still on there. If ur asking if I'm running a unregulated return or not I couldn't tell u. Just bought a better filtration fuel system that would pump enough fuel to not starve my HPFP. Does that make any sense or am I just rambling.

Or was that not even directed to me. Lol

I hate to admit, but that was not directed to you...was on my phone and thought I had quoted the remark. FYI you are running a regulated return.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
So not getting bronze valve guides. Heads should be out of machine shop Tuesday. Truck together and on road by Friday. I figure ill but about a 1000 miles or so on the new system. Makes sure everything is tight and then open it up some. I have a dyno run scheduled for May 8th. I'll post. I feel the need to datalog and video the process. I've never used the data logging feature on my SCT. Any advice.

Note. Elevation where I will be doing my dyno is 700ft. It's a dynojet 224xLC. I was recommended to this particular dyno shop by Hamilton Diesel. So it must be a decent place. I assume

Last edited:

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Got my truck together. Runs like crap. Going to install FASS 150 tomorrow. Maybe in the process I'll come across some loose wires, bad ground, something that's causing my issues. Will keep pics posted. Thanks for everyone tuning in.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Ok. So back together. Have it running.
upytu9yh.jpg

At full throttle on gearhead race tune FRP is pretty high around 25plus. Exhaust back pressure doesn't get out of hand. EGTS never get over 900 or so. Any suggestions. Truck runs fair on top end. Nothing down low. Like VGT not functioning or something

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.