Call it my build thread I guess

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Well in my application I do not have a gate. So is it still reasonable for me to have the same gauges or should I monitor other things.

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Even though you don't have a gate, monitoring between the stages like Shane would be something I would consider because that is something that can be monitored by a a monitor. That is my plans for when I do pillar gauges.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
qama7ute.jpg
ype2ahum.jpg
aqyru7u7.jpg
a8yqybet.jpg
8y6uha3y.jpg
zujudyty.jpg

Finally some progress on my truck

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
In all these pics what makes me feel sick to my stomach the most. My grill guard missing. Lol.

Thomas Edison.

White_monster

Reaction score
I like that look. I guess my biggest question is why you would want to monitor 2 boost gauges. I understand EGTS. Why not trans temp. Or something a fair more vital to the life of the drivetrain. Idk. That's why I'm asking

Thomas Edison.

I have 2 boost gauges for my custom turbo kit I built. Also there's a trans temp gauge in the dash that gives me a close enough temp reading. If I want more information I hook up my dashdaq and it displays everything I need but day to day I only really need egts.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I have 2 boost gauges for my custom turbo kit I built. Also there's a trans temp gauge in the dash that gives me a close enough temp reading. If I want more information I hook up my dashdaq and it displays everything I need but day to day I only really need egts.

I want to build it for what I feel the worst case scenario my truck would see. In my eyes that's hauling my loaded fifth wheel travel trailer weighing loaded to the max at 17k in 110 degree heat here in texas. On that note I'm think EGTS first. Trans. And then something to monitor either fuel, oil pressure , coolant or something. I know we have gauges on the dash. I just wanted to see what everyone felt were the most important items to watch live. If I want to race I expect I'll be running my sct data logging anyways. Same applies for sled pulling or anything else out of the norm

Thomas Edison.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
u4yzeqy5.jpg

Forgot to add the broken bolt and nasty soot covered ports in the heads

Thomas Edison.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
All you need for towing heavy in heat is eot, ect, and egt. All can be monitored with you sct. Factory gauges blow but are good enough to keep you out of trouble. I've towed 28,000lbs gross over the mountains in 100-110 heat with no issues. Your engine fan will tell you when you're getting toasty on fluids.

You're over thinking it.

Last edited:

TXlineman83

Reaction score
All you need for towing heavy in heat is eot, ect, and egt. All can be monitored with you sct. Factory gauges blow but are good enough to keep you out of trouble. I've towed 28,000lbs gross over the mountains in 100-110 heat with no issues. Your engine can will tell you when you're getting toasty on fluids.

Yeah. I hate the factory dummy gauges. I like to keep a close eye on the above stated vitals. Along with trans temps. I don't remember exactly where it is temperature wise. But I know getting upwards of around 220f I think you start to deteriorate the and fluid.

sootie

Reaction score
boost egts and trans temp for analog gauges.

then watch fuel pressure, coolant temp and backpressure electronically if possible

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Well seems my truck would have been completed next week. But the machine shop is busy and can't get my bronze valve guides installed in time. The anticipation is killing me.

Good news though. The JR high power compounds and my new CAI have arrived. Pics soon to follow

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Alright. So mishimoto radiator, FASS 150, Rudy's stage 1 valve train, heads are at machine shop still. Really hoping they can get the guides in and my truck back together by Friday. Chances seem slim.
Trying to get pics of everything. Will post as I can.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.