carnage! need billet rods

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
It was Cale.

Pretty sure he didn't reuse the rods, someone joked that he ought to, as there was no visible damage or something.

obspsd

Reaction score
I've Seen Those pictures And That Was Wild. Right Now Rods Are My Weak Link But Once I Replace Them Then I Don't Wanna Be Cracking Blocks Every 800 miles Lol

Blowby

Reaction score
Fuel volume and crank angle of delivery can definitely cause this to happen. Did you hear any unusual characteristic when you got on it? Like muffled or real quiet for a second in 3rd before it took off? What rpm were you at when you got on it in 3rd? Did you notice grey or white smoke in the beginning when you got on it in 3rd?

obspsd

Reaction score
No I Didn't Notice Anything Unusual. I Eased Into It Around 2k Rpm And Held It To The Floor For Only A Few Second. Nothing Out Of The Ordinary Or Extreme

2000wa250

Reaction score
Fuel volume and crank angle of delivery can definitely cause this to happen. Did you hear any unusual characteristic when you got on it? Like muffled or real quiet for a second in 3rd before it took off? What rpm were you at when you got on it in 3rd? Did you notice grey or white smoke in the beginning when you got on it in 3rd?

Blowby I am curious what you are talking about with the quiet down before it takes off...mine does this almost all the time, but its a stick and only does it at very low rpms. Basically I can floor it and no noise change, no rpm change, then all of a sudden it jumps and takes off.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Blowby

Reaction score
You have fuel limiters and tables in place to control the delivery at the most undesirable time. Are you seeing any signs of excessive unburnt fuel?

2000wa250

Reaction score
nope. Figured I just needed to tweak my limiter tables a bit more. But its done it for awhile, even without my own tuning.

Southmike

Reaction score
having your injectors gone over and your tunes gone over just to be sure both are where desired would be a start. Meaning I would look into new tunes from the same guy or different. maybe get them pulled back a bit , then go for live tuning. not saying a different tuner just don't run the file 13 tune anymore. your talking three engines now. downtime alone would be a pain much less the cost...
That and billet rods, possibly a girdle of some sort. Also how many torques on your studs...may have to budget that in as well.

Latest posts

Members online