CDL section?

Milford

Reaction score
You would be surprised about the endorsements, I have a buddy who pulls for Landstar and he has hauled a few of the military takers on a step deck. They require Hazmat and a tanker endorsement so needless to say he has been very well compensated for the few that he has done.

What are you trying to get into hauling? If you are looking into OTR or anything of that nature look into getting your TWIC card also. I never got my tanker or doubles/triples and regret at least not getting my tanker. I guess when it comes time to renew I will do it then.

Demon

Reaction score
Heres a couple of a Shaker that a guy recently finished restoring, from a show yesterday. On a large car forum I hit up. Tight wagon I'd say. Love me a COE.

Attachments

• RedFLB-01.jpg
    RedFLB-01.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 83
  • RedFLB-03.jpg
    RedFLB-03.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 88
  • RedFLB-04.jpg
    RedFLB-04.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 83
  • RedFLB-06.jpg
    RedFLB-06.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 87

duddy

Reaction score
No flags on the outside duals marking the widest points, oversize banner covering the license plate...

I have not really seen anyone obey that around here, other than trowing magnetic flashers on blades while transporting at night. And with the oversize banner over the licesne plate, where the hell are you suppose to put it then?

oh and how you been?

Demon

Reaction score
We don't have front licence plates here. That's where all permit banners go on trucks. I've never seem one different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
If you are going to nitpick it i'd point out that the whole load is illegal because it is not "non-divisable"

Maryland would make you take the outside duals off.

My banners have cutouts for the front tag.

duddy

Reaction score
If you are going to nitpick it i'd point out that the whole load is illegal because it is not "non-divisable"

Maryland would make you take the outside duals off.

My banners have cutouts for the front tag.

Why the non divisable comment, guess Im not following you.:shrug:

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Why the non divisable comment, guess Im not following you.:shrug:

Assuming I'm following what oldskool is saying correctly, the outside duals on the tractor can be removed making them "divisible". So since they can be taken off, they should be taken off. But if the load was over width because of something that is "non divisible" or can't be narrowed down then you run with it.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Exactly. A load is considered non-divisable when removing any more parts would negatively effect the value of the unit. Loader buckets, tires, ect can all be removed and re-installed easily.

We have this issue all the time with our Manitowoc 4100. Its an older machine, but it can self erect other than the tracks. We move it with the tracks on because to remove them requires a second crane and several hours of extra labor. So far we have been able to convince the DOT that removing the tracks is not practical (if you tell the cop "they don't come off" they usually let it go.) In it's truly "non-divisable" configuration, its still 10 feet wide and almost 50k which puts it over 80k GVW with the necessary 3 axle lowboy and overwidth, requiring permits anyways. Tracks on it is 122k.

All the newer units are made to self-erect with the tracks off so its not really an issue.

Bottom line is, DOT would want to see the outside duals off.

duddy

Reaction score
They don't give us much grief about it. They are having meetings trying to be able to enforce some laws in the area. Like a maximum allowed with for a piece of farm equipment as transported down the road. The way things are worded it will be illegal to drive a tractor with duals from farm to field, pulling a 8 row corn planter. Both will be over width, with the laws they want to enforce. Also as far as pack tractors and push tractors, for feed piling and packing, being moved farm to farm on RGNs, they want the blade assembly off and all the duals or triples off. Gonna make a lot of unnecessary work for us. The new assemblies are more forgiving, but the older ones take several hours to install and removing and require some large tools and lifting equipment.

We will see, one of the next meetings is early in January.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Yeah they can be a serious pain in the ass. I would imagine that there is a lot less enforcement of it out in rural Wisconsin then we have here in the DC/Baltimore area.

duddy

Reaction score
Yeah, not alot of enforcement. But When you screw up, the hammer comes down hard. But at least they are having the meetings and talking with the area operators that will be affected.

7.3 rocket

Reaction score
So if I've got a GVWR of 13,300 on my truck and 25,000 on my trailer which has a tare weight of 7,000lbs can I legally haul two 10,000lb machines so long as I have at least 2500lbs of pin weight without exceeding the GVW or axle rating of the tow vehicle?

Or am I limited to 18k max on the trailer regardless of pin weight?

Forgive the ignorance I'm new to using small trucks to haul equipment around.

Latest posts

Members online