CNC Ported Scorpion Heads

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I don't know why the guy is getting hammered so bad. Maybe he shouldn't have posted pricing as a non vendor but is that reason to lay into him?
The fact is, airflow is where power comes from. Anyone that disputes that is an idiot...period. Maybe some folks have tried hand ported heads that didn't make any more power...that's because the heads got a bad port job...not just because it's a ported head.
You can phuck up a head in a second with bad work just like heads with a good port job will absolutely make more power. I'd like to see flow numbers compared to stock. That will tell part of the story.
If y'all just rat pack anyone that joins here to run them and their ideas off you're only screwing the site out of some possible good ideas....and members.
The power coming out of places like Wagler with the DMax and Cummins and D&J also aren't because they're running stock airflow heads....that's a fact.
How about reset, listen to the new guy and see if his ideas hold water before y'all group up and run him off. You might learn something.
FWIW I'd have a sh!tty attitude too if I was treated the way some of y'all are treating this guy. Who knows...he may be the D&J or Wagler of the Powerstroke world.

Last edited:

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I don't know why the guy is getting hammered so bad. Maybe he shouldn't have posted pricing as a non vendor but is that reason to lay into him?
The fact is, airflow is where power comes from. Anyone that disputes that is an idiot...period. Maybe some folks have tried hand ported heads that didn't make any more power...that's because the heads got a bad port job...not just because it's a ported head.
You can phuck up a head in a second with bad work just like heads with a good port job will absolutely make more power. I'd like to see flow numbers compared to stock. That will tell part of the story.
If y'all just rat pack anyone that joins here to run them and their ideas off you're only screwing the site out of some possible good ideas....and members.
The power coming out of places like Wagler with the DMax and Cummins and D&J also aren't because they're running stock airflow heads....that's a fact.
How about reset, listen to the new guy and see if his ideas hold water before y'all group up and run him off. You might learn something.
FWIW I'd have a sh!tty attitude too if I was treated the way some of y'all are treating this guy. Who knows...he may be the D&J or Wagler of the Powerstroke world.
Nice post,shame that theres so many BUTT buddies here.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score

That in a nutshell summarizes the difference in aftermarket and performance differences between Ford/PowerStroke and GM/Duramax and Dodge/Cummins. The culture and supporting businesses share and work together with a common goal. The PowerStroke world is completely opposite.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Well after the botched attempt that wagler had getting into the powerstroke world with mine, any improvement would be something. Lol

WHY NOT

Reaction score

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

couldn't agree more.

Reaction score
couldn't agree more.

Ported heads and bigger cams always get talked down in the diesel world because someone somewhere on God knows who's dyno made 1000+ with stock. Internet engineers say you don't need them after that.

Nevermind the difference in spool up, drive pressure drop, or anything else that might improve with more air flow other than a peak HP number.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I'm all for more aftermarket stuff. But to claim 100cfm over stock for $8,000 a pair right off the rip there's not going to be many guys jumping on the wagon to order until they've been tested and proven. I think it is possible with some R&D to make it happen and over time bring cost down.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
You have to start somewhere...at least this guy is trying while everyone else just sits here and b!tches at him.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I hate even bringing the turds up but my point is sage and reinforces what Rich has stated. For yeeeeears people said you don't need cams in a 7.3. They hit 600hp and stalled for the most part. Then a guy does extensive porting and grinds a cam to maximize the improvements and does 1k whp in a 7.3. And for 15 years it was handled just like the advice in this thread. In the interest of history not repeating itself.....

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
You have to start somewhere...at least this guy is trying while everyone else just sits here and b!tches at him.

I'm not bitching at him... just saying not many guys are going to take that leap of faith until they're proven worth it. He asked who would be interested in CNC heads for $8,000... probably a very few amount of guys are interested until they've seen numbers to back it up. I think once he has solid results interest will grow and people will start buying them for big builds. But yes... everyone has to start somewhere. I'm all for pushing **** but lets face it very few guys will nut up and be the 1st to try they all want other people to spend the cash and see if it works first.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I'm not bitching at him... just saying not many guys are going to take that leap of faith until they're proven worth it. He asked who would be interested in CNC heads for $8,000... probably a very few amount of guys are interested until they've seen numbers to back it up. I think once he has solid results interest will grow and people will start buying them for big builds. But yes... everyone has to start somewhere. I'm all for pushing **** but lets face it very few guys will nut up and be the 1st to try they all want other people to spend the cash and see if it works first.

This was the point I was trying to make.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess its good y'all are passionate about the platform

It's the best platform for ford so far ! Minimal warranty issues , and those limited to the 11's , and considering its got all this emissions crap bolted on , it's performed superb.

Latest posts

Members online