Compound Questions

cfdeng7

Reaction score
for the most part i get it...let the small turbo take care of the spool up from the start and then let the big turbo do most of the work up high to move the bigger volume needed

That's how I have always understood compounds. Gives you the best off both worlds.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its a little more scientific then that but yes your right, and i would assume your going to run a wastegate between stages?

Most dodge guys dont run gates if that gives you any idea.

Unbroken runs a 62/78 combo, no gate, loves how it drives, i know its a Common rail but still

I wouldnt see in your case where it would hurt to run a 62mm secondary as well...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The more i think the more i would lean to a 62mm, you can gate around it with no issues, will spool awesome, and make decent power. For me i would sacrifice a little HP for better spool up, thats just me tho, so say you dont reach your 850 hp goal and hit 800, or 800 but only make 750.. you will be ok with it if its more fun to drive i bet. And you have already said you will spray nitrous so if you cant make as much as you want you can just spray the rest. 750hp every day is alot of power... and enough to break parts... alot

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
So a S362/S478 combo would probably spool pretty damn good? Or would you want a larger atmosphere than that?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
might take a bigger primary to make power but im pretty sure unbrokens set up is 800hp capable... not that it means we can do the same just using it as a reference.

I talked to the guys at forced inductions and they were super helpful about things and from what i gathered either run a billet s478, or run a gt47 if you want to go bigger, instead of a s488.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
Dude, just go the fuel pressure route. If you want noticable power, add a second pump. You may see less smoke also. I do not see the point of doing all this turbo work when you cannot maintain FRP.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i think he is planning on more fuel too. he probably wants to clear 110s with a big tune... more than 1.92ms of pw...

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
My 110's were very smokey with >20K FRP. It's amazing what an extra 5k PSI will do,

Sounds like a serious build. Lots of turbo threads going on in PSA. I'm looking forward to some results.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My 110's were very smokey with >20K FRP. It's amazing what an extra 5k PSI will do,

Sounds like a serious build. Lots of turbo threads going on in PSA. I'm looking forward to some results.

5k pressure is huge, but i dont think that in any of his plans he was not going to do some sort of pump that would maintain pressure with the 110s, thats all i was getting at.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Im pretty sure josh is going to upgrade everything to make it as smoke free 600-700 or 800hp as possible. I dont know 6.4 stuff at all as im a 7.3 guy, but josh and i were talking over the weekend and he sounds like he knows what to do and what he wants, except for the whole turbo ordeal.

juniort444e

Reaction score
I understand that part of the turbo's. Im still learning and trying to figure out what compounds i want for my truck, so i have a grasp on how rough it is and can be.

How much of a difference would compounds be for a 7.3 compared to a 6.4

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Dude, just go the fuel pressure route. If you want noticable power, add a second pump. You may see less smoke also. I do not see the point of doing all this turbo work when you cannot maintain FRP.

it'll be getting a full fuel system added to it also when it comes apart, some headwork thrown in there, pistons, etc. etc...idk how soon the fuel will be added, hoping by spring at the latest:thumbup:

i think he is planning on more fuel too. he probably wants to clear 110s with a big tune... more than 1.92ms of pw...
:whs:
:popcorn:

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Im pretty sure josh is going to upgrade everything to make it as smoke free 600-700 or 800hp as possible. I dont know 6.4 stuff at all as im a 7.3 guy, but josh and i were talking over the weekend and he sounds like he knows what to do and what he wants, except for the whole turbo ordeal.

screw 600...im only like 35 hp away from that now:biggun:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
probably...thats what Dunbars dyno gave me at TS 10..and i dont wanna throw out some random number that might be higher with no proof to back it up

Understandable. Going by what a stock 6.4 with our 310 did at Rudy's Open House on Dunbar's dyno, I would say it's more like 10-15 horsepower from 600. I can't think of the guys name off the top of my head, or his username, but he did 586 uncorrected. Stock truck other than the tuner, intake, and exhaust. I was impressed, especially with it being on Dunbar's dyno.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.