Controlling back pressure with Elite turbos

BFT

Reaction score
I think its because they were black plastic air lines that big trucks use. Works great on dodges and gassers becuadr for the most part everything is in the open

Very possible. There's a reason they make thermal air line, it's perfect for this application.

You hit the nail on the head. My **** would be all melted and hoses laying all over. It would get so hot in there. Those black plastic hoses would melt on a 3 hour ride home. Then there i am with waste gates not working properly!!

Damn... I thought that the blue hoses were used. How were they connected, compression fitting or the quick connect like used with air bag setups?
I melted one of those black lines to my air bag set up because I forgot to put the heat sleeve over it :doh:

blackmonster

Reaction score
max power

Damn... I thought that the blue hoses were used. How were they connected, compression fitting or the quick connect like used with air bag setups?
I melted one of those black lines to my air bag set up because I forgot to put the heat sleeve over it :doh:
Black lines with quick connect set up. You got it!

redx

Reaction score

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Honestly the blue line that elite supplies with their kits js plenty good. Its high temp silicone. Just isn't all that aesthetically pleasing

blackmonster

Reaction score
maxpower

Firesleeve, most hydraulic hose shops carry this stuff.

Is it perhaps melting where the hose meets the fitting on the gate, say heat transferred from the gate, to the fitting, to the hose?
Dude they would be melted off. Melted in half. **** all over the place.

BFT

Reaction score
Where can you get those thermal sleeves? I know I've used them before to protect the AC lines on the passenger side when 6.0 manifolds are used.

The blue lines have been ok on mine but the gate isnt being used as much as the set ups that are hooked to the low pressure turbo

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I run regular Parker 1/4 line on my setup and haven't had an issue... Might just be placement like Dustin said

Robert, summit and jegs sell them. Different O.D.'s and lengths. WOP hooked me up with mine

blackmonster

Reaction score
max powers

But lets not forget. I sprayed her one time and she is my motor. So i am responsible for anything that brakes??? Money money money?

blackmonster

Reaction score
max powers

But lets not get off topic for Shane. Now you now 100% do not use those plastic lines!!

BFT

Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks that the gate is burried in the back.

A lot of info has been shared here and we are just skimming the surface.

blackmonster

Reaction score
max powers

Lets not get off topic. There were other things that were found as well like the boost control knob would just be laying there off it hook and lock ring. Who nose were it was set at at that time? I will post it all later. When Craig is finished. But there was a lot of things that were not done write/changed from when i was driving it. But they should not change they should hold up under the conditions they were built for.

White_monster

Reaction score
Like it was said, we only scratched the surface so far but it is very good info for all regardless of your setup. Sure it's geared towards Elites turbos but the info transfers. Finishing details like hose wrap go a long way, sometimes the wrap doesn't look the greatest but that's just the way it goes. Keep the info coming.

To the mods, maybe once this thread dies down a bit you guys should sticky it or move it to the library. This information is priceless for members to read and learn. Understanding whats going on and why so that if something does mess up the person knows why and can see the difference in numbers. It's one thing to see numbers, it's a mother to understand them.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
haller should have some new info for my setup as we are going to gate it very intricately. hopefully it will provide info for high boost applications.

Latest posts

Members online