Cracked blocks

SVTDanny

Reaction score
Just couldn't stay away from you guys.

Why don't you tell mr. Svt how much R&D arp put into their studs?

More than you put into your uneven torque install method. Happen to be on the phone with an engineer from one of the top gasket manufacturers in the world the other day when you mentioned that and ran it by him for a laugh. His response, and I quote - "You'd have to be a ****ing idiot to do that."

Maybe that's also why you have a pile of cracked blocks.

He conveniently avoids repeated direct questions like: HAS ARP EVER REVISED THEIR TORQUE SPECS ON ANY OF THEIR FASTENERS?

I doubt I'll get a reply on the third time.

Already replied to you. Try reading.

Hey now he has done a few stud jobs on 4 cyl vw's and they went well so these 6.4's can't be any different. Once a expert shad tree imagineer always a expert!

Nailed it. LOL

really? you're going to BORROW a torque wrench for such a delicate surgical procedure that you're so knowledgeable about?!

Sure did. Matco wrench that was calibrated last month. Problem with that?

Reaction score
Just couldn't stay away from you guys.

More than you put into your uneven torque install method. Happen to be on the phone with an engineer from one of the top gasket manufacturers in the world the other day when you mentioned that and ran it by him for a laugh. His response, and I quote - "You'd have to be a ****ing idiot to do that."

Maybe that's also why you have a pile of cracked blocks.

That's funny I have none, but keep going...

Already replied to you. Try reading.

Nailed it. LOL

Sure did. Matco wrench that was calibrated last month. Problem with that?

So is your Matco wrench a 3/4 drive?

Think all you want. Your still an idiot.

I would love to talk to you face to face, to see of your as arrogant in person.

If you really think that torquing two studs two 225 is that much difference and will warp a head your dumber than I thought.

Keep at it bud. Your real character is showing.

Fwiw I've never pulled a head of ANY 6.0 or 6.4 that wasn't warped, stock or studded.

When you've done more than one I'll allow your opinion to hold water.

SVTDanny

Reaction score
So is your Matco wrench a 3/4 drive?

I would love to talk to you face to face, to see of your as arrogant in person.

If you really think that torquing two studs two 225 is that much difference and will warp a head your dumber than I thought.

Sure is.

No need to wonder, I am.

Pull one of those heads off that you've done like that and come throw it in here, we'll see how much difference it makes.

4E12E4E2-662C-4AE2-B96F-274829B6642C_zps5pd1hshx.jpg

Reaction score
Sure is.

No need to wonder, I am.

Pull one of those heads off that you've done like that and come throw it in here, we'll see how much difference it makes.

4E12E4E2-662C-4AE2-B96F-274829B6642C_zps5pd1hshx.jpg

I guarantee it is way less than a stock head @ 100k miles.

I have pulled them off to do a motor build on one that's been studded that way. No issues. Didn't even have to surface it.

That is all you got?

SVTDanny

Reaction score
I guarantee it is way less than a stock head @ 100k miles.

I have pulled them off to do a motor build on one that's been studded that way. No issues. Didn't even have to surface it.

That is all you got?

LOL.

I'd say my contact's assessment was more than correct.

PS - Nice shade tree mechanic tool, huh?

webb06

Reaction score
LOL.

Be pretty easy to google a picture like that. Or even have the machine shop you use send a picture of your heads being surfaced to you. If you have such state of the art equipment at your disposal why were you studding your truck in the driveway?

SVTDanny

Reaction score
Be pretty easy to google a picture like that. Or even have the machine shop you use send a picture of your heads being surfaced to you. If you have such state of the art equipment at your disposal why were you studding your truck in the driveway?

Classic response. "That's not your picture." Keep on denying that someone else besides your self elected "Top 6.4 techs in the country" might actually know what they're doing.

Shop is full of cars and this is my personal truck. Any other questions?

webb06

Reaction score
Classic response. "That's not your picture." Keep on denying that someone else besides your self elected "Top 6.4 techs in the country" might actually know what they're doing.

Shop is full of cars and this is my personal truck. Any other questions?

PROVE IT!!!!!!!

Reaction score
LOL.

Really? Soo... Do you think I started as some diesel performance shop from day 1? I guess the 10k rpm big blocks we build were flukes too? The fact that we had the most feared mod ford gas trucks in our state. I guess our 500" pro stock truck that dominates his class is a fluke. I'm sure the fact that we have the top running 6.4 pull truck in the country is a fluke too. I guess the whole company must be a joke because we have proven methods that work against your "theories" and your retarded engineer gasket maker friend. I guess we will never agree.

But to my defense what do you have to prove any credibility you have?

All you have is some internet BS that doesn't hold water better than a screen door.

Even if he does it doesn't mean he has any idea other than all the other idiotic engineers that I dealt with at cat. They all know what they read from a book with no knowledge or ANY experience.

SVTDanny

Reaction score
PROVE IT!!!!!!!

Have nothing to prove to idiots on the internet.

You'd think someone with a computerize milling machine would have.... A torque wrench

Things like this don't typically require 250+ ft/lbs

E73442F0-352B-4BEC-9A7B-7ED2AEECDC8A_zpsbbgjhtu1.jpg

Really? Soo... Do you think I started as some diesel performance shop from day 1? I guess the 10k rpm big blocks we build were flukes too? The fact that we had the most feared mod ford gas trucks in our state. I guess our 500" pro stock truck that dominates his class is a fluke. I'm sure the fact that we have the top running 6.4 pull truck in the country is a fluke too. I guess the whole company must be a joke because we have proven methods that work against your "theories" and your retarded engineer gasket maker friend. I guess we will never agree.

But to my defense what do you have to prove any credibility you have?

All you have is some internet BS that doesn't hold water better than a screen door.

Even if he does it doesn't mean he has any idea other than all the other idiotic engineers that I dealt with at cat. They all know what they read from a book with no knowledge or ANY experience.

Says the guy that describes his methods with things like "Should hold enough" and "I guarantee it doesn't warp." Speaking of water and screen doors....

Reaction score
Have nothing to prove to idiots on the internet.

Things like this don't typically require 250+ ft/lbs

E73442F0-352B-4BEC-9A7B-7ED2AEECDC8A_zpsbbgjhtu1.jpg

Says the guy that describes his methods with things like "Should hold enough" and "I guarantee it doesn't warp." Speaking of water and screen doors....

Really. So when a 16mm stud torqued to 250 over a 3.87 bore holds 30k psi I guess that's an assumption? Dude your a moron. A top fuel nhra spec block doesn't even take that force with the studs they have.

Lol when you grow up and have facts to back your claims I'll listen. Tell me ONE fact you have to disprove ANYTHING I've stated?

SVTDanny

Reaction score
Really. So when a 16mm stud torqued to 250 over a 3.87 bore holds 30k psi I guess that's an assumption? Dude your a moron. A top fuel nhra spec block doesn't even take that force with the studs they have.

Lol when you grow up and have facts to back your claims I'll listen. Tell me ONE fact you have to disprove ANYTHING I've stated?

Yes, all 16mm fasteners are exactly the same and require the same amount of torque to get the same clamping force. Please keep going.... I'm enjoying this.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, all 16mm fasteners are exactly the same and require the same amount of torque to get the same clamping force. Please keep going.... I'm enjoying this.

your brain has officially left the reservation.

Reaction score

If your really serious then I'm done. Your an idiot.

BTW GUYS!!! All 16mm fasteners all take all the same torque!!!! News to all!!! Doesn't matter if it's 160 or 210k psi material. Torque them all to 275 like sct Danny says!!! He's studded one, a week ago, in his driveway. He must be the go to 6.4 performance guy from now on.

Enjoy the idiocracy. I'm done. You can now bask in your excellent 6.4 one time wonder glory.

You win.

SVTDanny

Reaction score
Of your really serious then I'm done. Your an idiot.

BTW GUYS!!! All 16mm fasteners all take all the same torque!!!! News to all!!! Doesn't matter if it's 160 or 210k psi material. Torque them all to 275 like sct Danny says!!! He's studded one, a week ago, in his driveway. He must be the go to 6.4 performance guy from now on.

Enjoy the idiocracy. I'm done. You can now bask in your excellent 6.4 one time wonder glory.

You win.

The word you keep failing to find is "You're."

Like... "You're" the one comparing a 6.4 PSD to top fuel dragsters. LOL

Latest posts

Members online