Cracked blocks

Reaction score
The word you keep failing to find is "You're."

Like... "You're" the one comparing a 6.4 PSD to top fuel dragsters. LOL

Cylinder pressure is different from gas to diesel. Huh, I didn't know that cyl pressure didn't mean cylinder pressure? I guess we need to rate gas and diesel psi different. Doesn't use the same rule of measure... Thanks for the info.

SVTDanny

Reaction score
I'd take Morgan's, Dustin's, Craig's, Josh's, and Tadds's "should" over your "will" any day. And you are right. There are experts in the room, but it's definitely not you.

You're more than welcome to go right ahead. People give their hard earned money to hack shops every day, I guess someone has to.

Cylinder pressure is different from gas to diesel. Huh, I didn't know that cyl pressure didn't mean cylinder pressure? I guess we need to rate gas and diesel psi different. Doesn't use the same rule of measure... Thanks for the info.

I'm sorry, why is top fuel dragster cylinder pressure relevant again? Let me guess, NHRA teams torque their headstuds to whatever torque they're feeling is good based on the day as well?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You're more than welcome to go right ahead. People give their hard earned money to hack shops every day, I guess someone has to.

I'm sorry, why is top fuel dragster cylinder pressure relevant again? Let me guess, NHRA teams torque their headstuds to whatever torque they're feeling is good based on the day as well?

I'm not a shop, nor a hack.

SVTDanny

Reaction score
I'm not a shop, nor a hack.

Anyone that recommends torquing headstuds unevenly when they are designed to be torqued evenly, is a hack. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one.

Sooo, a 4.6" bore at 1000hp per cyl makes more psi of cyl pressure because it's diesel? I guess 8000hp blown nitro motor is WAY easier on cyl psi than 500hp in a deleted 6.4?

Is this the sort of nonsense I can expect from your shop as well? Are you even reading the thread anymore?

Reaction score
Anyone that recommends torquing headstuds unevenly when they are designed to be torqued evenly, is a hack. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one.

Is this the sort of nonsense I can expect from your shop as well? Are you even reading the thread anymore?

Any fact to base your claim?

Yet again real life experience?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If calling people out that half ass a job instead of spending the time to find out why they fail at doing it the right way makes me arrogant, then sure.

WELCM_EXTR_1_E.jpg

Reaction score
If calling people out that half ass a job instead of spending the time to find out why they fail at doing it the right way makes me arrogant, then sure.

Soo.... Once again? I've not had an issue torquing them. So where is my fail?

Once again, when you get your second 6.4 stud job. Let me know.

It's ok. If you don't understand the dynamics of a 6.4 block that's fine. Till then, your still arrogant and ignorant.

Once you've spent as much time as me (which is WAY mor time than your precious arp stud company has) on a 6.4 you can let me know.

SVTDanny

Reaction score
Soo.... Once again? I've not had an issue torquing them. So where is my fail?

Once again, when you get your second 6.4 stud job. Let me know.

It's ok. If you don't understand the dynamics of a 6.4 block that's fine. Till then, your still arrogant and ignorant.

Once you've spent as much time as me (which is WAY mor time than your precious arp stud company has) on a 6.4 you can let me know.

Keep pounding that chest and torquing those studs to the point where "they should hold" and you "guarantee it won't warp the heads." I'll keep watching. LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.