Cracked piston leads to... MPD 472 build :)

jdgleason

Reaction score
im sure its pretty big. im guessing it should be closer to 800 with higher pw and proper fueling. im not big on dynos but i know it didnt load the turbo fully cuz it didnt boost past 50psi, on the street 50 is easy.

I'm with ya there. Dyno's will usually never load a turbo as hard as the street does, but normally the CF accounts for that. I know with Haller's dyno, usually fuel numbers are very close to track times.

I think that dual fuelers would really bring your truck alive buddy

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Pog are you back pressures in check with 60s? That kinda worrys me then ill uave the added cost of a damn gate lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

pog

Reaction score
Pog are you back pressures in check with 60s? That kinda worrys me then ill uave the added cost of a damn gate lol

oh yeah. ive never had bp issues. pretty close to 1:1. in the video you gotta minus the 14.7 too

Last edited:

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
oh yeah. ive never had bp issues. pretty close to 1:1. in the video you gotta minus the 14.7 too

Ok sweet man. Idk if I should do 60s or 100s. Honestly your egts are very close to mine. With good rail pressure I bet theyd be cooler to a certain extent.

one2nine

Reaction score
Just do the 100's. I had this same debate a few months ago when I ordered nozzles. I can't wait to finally tear into mine. Just talked to eric today about getting some tuning squared away.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Just do the 100's. I had this same debate a few months ago when I ordered nozzles. I can't wait to finally tear into mine. Just talked to eric today about getting some tuning squared away.

Did u ask him about the tuning he did for me?

one2nine

Reaction score
Did u ask him about the tuning he did for me?

No just some general questions. The plan is the have the email tune until I can physically get the truck in his hands to tune it for best driveability/power

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
You'll love how it drives if its anything like mine

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I will probably be driving to idp to get Eric to live tune my new setup as well when I get done.. with my turbos the old tune will work, just not very good. lol

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Eric he'll be dynoing mine sometime soon for a before and after stock fuel and whatever I decide to do. We'll have to catch up. Pog judging by your rail pressure rise to boost ratio, your extra fuel def spools the 472 better than my stock fuel. Our egts are within 100 degrees id say.

Beans71086

Reaction score
I will probably be driving to idp to get Eric to live tune my new setup as well when I get done.. with my turbos the old tune will work, just not very good. lol

Hmmmmm.....

Let me know when your coming up bud! Maybe we can get together for some drinks, I've been missing the douchbag crew! LOL

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
for sure. I may be doing 30s and stock hpfp. see if I can hold RP.

Eric told me id be able to hold rp with 30% with a 1.9ms pulse width. I'm running 2.2ms right now with stock. I just want dual fuelers so I know I can maintain whenever I want lol. Might so dual k16s if I can get them at the right price.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Hmmmmm.....

Let me know when your coming up bud! Maybe we can get together for some drinks, I've been missing the douchbag crew! LOL

yes ;)

and sounds good! ill let you know if thats the plan. i wanna dyno with my new snails to get some numbers

Eric told me id be able to hold rp with 30% with a 1.9ms pulse width. I'm running 2.2ms right now with stock. I just want dual fuelers so I know I can maintain whenever I want lol. Might so dual k16s if I can get them at the right price.

yea thats what he told me as well.. i cant swing dual fuelers right now. so i may just do 30s and call it a day. i hold frp fine right now, so i think my hpfp is in great shape. when i do, ill be doing a cp3 kit of some sort.

red piston cracking 6.4 reunion!

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
yes ;)

yea thats what he told me as well.. i cant swing dual fuelers right now. so i may just do 30s and call it a day. i hold frp fine right now, so i think my hpfp is in great shape. when i do, ill be doing a cp3 kit of some sort.

red piston cracking 6.4 reunion!
What are you doing for turbos? When is it going to be ready. Be cool to get em done at the same time, save eric some trouble.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.