Cracked Piston thread

Reaction score
Bought into the Cummins hype sometime ago bud as you might be able to see by my avatar. Also run 2 cummins trucks on the farm too along with the 6.4

Sounds like you've already made your decision. I farm with red equipment too but that doesn't mean I'm loyal because of the engines. I was farming IH before there was ever a cummins in them. There moving on to non cummins engines now and I'll still farm with them. Every engine has its pros and cons. My opinion is if you want a cummins in a pickup then buy a ram.

This thread is about 6.4 pistons so let's stay on topic.

3brorce

Reaction score
So your loyal to IH because its red haha jk and I understand. Sorry for derail OP

Wemoy1

Reaction score
Ill have to take that number to my parts guy at the ih dealer and see what they cost.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
I've worked at a dealer for a while and in stock form never seen just a cracked piston. Usually see a trashed cylinder but never just cracked.

Reaction score
Add me to the list. Lost #7 a few weeks back. Truck has 116xxx on it and was running the 125 tow tune when it let go. Sucks, but not all that surprised as the truck was stock until 110xxx and had a pretty good amount of hours, lots of regens. Trucks going to rudy's for a fresh motor..... its only money after all. :flipa:

Reaction score
Cys lucky sons of bitches can afford a motor swap, and I'm gonna be stuck on the side of the road with my girl in my truck. Dammit!!

Serious question, how much? What needs to be done to the motor to get the pistons changed? How long is the life expectancy? I can't really afford another tear down for sure..... might as well get off my lazy ass and fix up an old explorer to drive around.

Reaction score
Cys lucky sons of bitches can afford a motor swap, and I'm gonna be stuck on the side of the road with my girl in my truck. Dammit!!

Serious question, how much? What needs to be done to the motor to get the pistons changed? How long is the life expectancy? I can't really afford another tear down for sure..... might as well get off my lazy ass and fix up an old explorer to drive around.

I wish I could afford it, will probably be a little way off yet. I'm looking over 10k for a new block, all new internals, coated pistons. Installed out the door

Reaction score
God speed..... well looks like if it does happen in done 10k out of my pocket for a "bulletproof" build. I think the truck might have a for sale sign very very soon....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.