crankshaft position sensor, slow crank?

willholl79

Reaction score
{Have you jumped power to the coil of the solenoid yet (the small stud on the starter) to see if that circuit is weak?}

But, since the bendix uses this as its power source too, you would probably hear some grinding if that circuit was weak

It's good. Have had 2 new starters on it.

willholl79

Reaction score
Is there any way the hpop could be slowing things down? I had it off to update STC fitting.

What is the minimun RPM for the engine to fire?

I'm gonna charge the batts, plug in the block heater and crank like hell tomorrow after work and see what happens.

Lassie

Reaction score
Is there any way the hpop could be slowing things down? I had it off to update STC fitting.

What is the minimun RPM for the engine to fire?

I'm gonna charge the batts, plug in the block heater and crank like hell tomorrow after work and see what happens.

I like that idea....Don't be scared to crank for a full 30 seconds, just give the starter a few minutes break between cranking sessions and it will take it. I attached a pdf with some info on it. In the no start section, they list 100 RPM as the minimum.

Attachments

• 6.0 info.pdf
    330.9 KB · Views: 79

willholl79

Reaction score
I like that idea....Don't be scared to crank for a full 30 seconds, just give the starter a few minutes break between cranking sessions and it will take it. I attached a pdf with some info on it. In the no start section, they list 100 RPM as the minimum.

That's funny, I just printed that off this morning.

We'll see what happens.

willholl79

Reaction score
Nothing......batteries weren't charged all the way, thought I left them on the charger, but I didn't. I did crank for a minute or so but ICP never got above 350psi. Not sure if it's because it turning over so slow or the HPOP is shot.

F*** it I give up. Called a mechanic to come look at it tomorrow..........

indiana lineman

Reaction score
Nothing......batteries weren't charged all the way, thought I left them on the charger, but I didn't. I did crank for a minute or so but ICP never got above 350psi. Not sure if it's because it turning over so slow or the HPOP is shot.

F*** it I give up. Called a mechanic to come look at it tomorrow..........

I thought you were giving up. Been following this to see how you faired. Hang in there and good luck with truck.:popcorn:

willholl79

Reaction score
I thought you were giving up. Been following this to see how you faired. Hang in there and good luck with truck.:popcorn:

I'm about there, lol. If I don't make any headway tomorrow, it's going on a rollback.

I'm only able to work on it a little here and there with a crazy work schedule(10-12hrs days, 6-7 days a week), young kids, etc. I need this truck on the road ASAP.

willholl79

Reaction score
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found that the crank sensor plug had come loose again. Evidently without that, the PCM has no idea that the engine is turning over, and it's down hill from there. Once I plugged it in I got the ICP desired on AE and started cranking on it. It took about five minutes of cranking, letting off now and then to let the starter rest. According to AE when I started cranking it was spinning 136 rpm. As I cranked you could here a cylinder pick, then another, then another. Now the starter spins over at normal speed.

willholl79

Reaction score
Omg what a wild goose chase. Glad you figured it out! You were right from the beginning...

A wild goose chase it was. If I had paid a little closer attention to what AE was telling me and not been hung up on it cranking slow, I should have figured it out before now. :morons:

6speedsd

Reaction score
Man I'm glad you got it figured out! I'm sure you grew a few gray hairs after that whole ordeal. Just goes to show how finicky these motors really are. This relies on that, which relies on that, which needs this, etc etc.

Latest posts

Members online