Creampie Build

NotStock

Reaction score
Lance and I talked for a bit on Sunday to come up with a mounting location that he liked the looks of and I think will function well for his lowered setup. Like you said Smokin, lowered stuff is definitely different and this is the first setup I have worked on. If for some reason, it doesn't work out as planned I will go back to the drawing board and come up with something better. If it works well, we can offer it pre built for this application.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Excellent!!

Guys working together is what makes these things workout for the best.

Speaks a ton about your customer service!

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
update from the track LOL....took the truck out to the NHRDA races this weekend. decided to see what it could put together at the test n tune friday night. the plan was to put a couple drag radials on the rear but someone brought two right side tires so I couldn't run them :poke:

so i've never launched a 2wd so Matt tried to give me some pointers. rolled through the water box and did a pretty vaginal burnout. tried to spool to about 5 psi on the line but i couldn't even hold that and it started to spin. by that time i didn't really know what to do so i just matted it. basically spun all the way past the 330 and I had to get out of it about 2-3 times. once it finally hooked, it pulled super hard. trans shifted great, saw about 57 psi boost and about 1550 degress. believe it or not, this pass was actually my fastest of the 3 I made. Second and third passes I split intercooler and HP turbo boots in half.

here's a video tutorial on how to properly launch a semi powerful 2wd street truck on cold street tires LOL. ended up with a blazing 3.4 sec 60', like a 6.5 sec 330, and a 15.4ish 1/4. Trapped 110 mph though so I'm thinking that with a good launch and full pass, I might see 113-115 or so mph. despite the awesome times, it pulls like a mother so I'm stoked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCOY6_3gTUg

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
Street tires are a joke on the track with only 300 lb/ft. The guys with slicks just love you for peeling up the surface...lol.

You'd definitely need some converter, tires and rear suspension if you were doing more of this. A set of drag radials would be a huge benefit, but would still have issues with holding the brakes on the line.

112 is getting it done out back...

TyCorr

Reaction score
How.can I find.this.video on youtube? For.some.reason I.cant click on YouTube links on this.forum. Buuut.they work everywhere else. :fustrate:

jwlandry

Reaction score
I seen the shake down runs and if it will ever hook and grab traction its gonna be nasty. It will back half like crazy though.

mandkole

Reaction score
2nd run mucho better...what did it build to? Sounded like the brakes were holding pretty good. Didnt sound like it was killin the tires either. I dig on it..

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
maybe 1-2 psi. that 60' was around 2.5 sec. you can hear the boot JJ towards the end and coasted through at 102. if it would have held, it would have been a decent pass mph wise.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
The run looks good man... definitely picks up some major speed on the top end. Can't wait to see what it'll do when you get some slicks and hook up on the launch.

Latest posts

Members online