Deleeeteed about 500 miles ago, wondering about engine lifespan and future regulation

1stock13

Reaction score
I bought my 2013 f-350 about a month ago with about 106k on it, truck had been serviced religiously at a ford dealer. All maintenance was done correctly and on time, never used to pull anything, just all highway miles, and the truck has given no reason to think anything is failing or will fail anytime soon. HOWEVER, I was having a conversation, with a GM diesel tech who seems to believe that our reverse flow motor wouldn't benefit at all from being ******d, in fact it would possibly harm the engine from being tooned due to the injectors not pulsing the way they are supposed too. Also all of the work I've done is a waste of time because within the next few years, we will be required to plug into the obd2 port on our trucks, so there wasn't a point. Now, I disagree because passenger cars have been using defoulers and tunes for years, and I'm sure we will find a way around it like always. But my question comes in the reliability end of the argument, I mean how may ******d and tuned 6.7's are out there with over 200k? I baby my truck, and keep my H&S in stock mode most of the time, but does he have a point? Or was he just bashing my new ford because he could?

Last edited:

BOHICA256

Reaction score
First build 11' here. Bought it with 60K on it. Deeleted at 103K, turbo kit at 120-130K, I drive the piss out of my truck, but then I baby it also.
Synthetic oil from day one of me owning it. Oil change ever 5K, fuel filter every 15K.
I have 172K on my truck now. So far it's amazed me that I haven't blown the truck up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1stock13

Reaction score
Mine being a 13' I assume the turbo wouldn't suffer from the issues the 11-12 had. But these guys were trying to say the '11 6.7 had the same transmission as a 6.4 truck.....very uninformed. But that just had me thinking, all I have is a minimax 4, 5 inch exhast, egr cooler deeeellleeetttee and no limit stage 1 intake. Am I'm going to blow up at 175k randomly???? It seems like there are a few that have blown up, but out of all the trucks out there, are the ******d one blowing up before 200k? are there any with 300k? Did i pay 34k for a really nice time bomb?!?!?

jcain

Reaction score
******d for 500miles already? damn, you're on borrowed time now...

bdm1981

Reaction score
Mine being a 13' I assume the turbo wouldn't suffer from the issues the 11-12 had. But these guys were trying to say the '11 6.7 had the same transmission as a 6.4 truck.....very uninformed. But that just had me thinking, all I have is a minimax 4, 5 inch exhast, egr cooler deeeellleeetttee and no limit stage 1 intake. Am I'm going to blow up at 175k randomly???? It seems like there are a few that have blown up, but out of all the trucks out there, are the ******d one blowing up before 200k? are there any with 300k? Did i pay 34k for a really nice time bomb?!?!?
I wouldn't worry about it. ****** it and be done. I ******d mine at 3000 miles and I would never go back to stock. Truck runs better, fuel mileage is better and the engine oil is cleaner between oil changes. If you treat it right and do your normal maintenance, stock or ******d, you should get many more miles out of your truck. Just my two cents....

By the way that GM tech is an idiot. Tell him to stick with working on those junk GM vehicles. This is coming from a guy who used to be a die hard Chevy guy. I won't ever go back after having a Ford.

1stock13

Reaction score
LLY Dmax's are all over the place with 200k on them, I get that, but they have their issues, and mine has given me no indication of have any problems. I just don't understand why people are bashing so hard on ******** these trucks. Hell one of the guys on here knows this guy and is friend with him. Powerstrokin is his name I think.

wiseguy

Reaction score
removing the emissions does nothing to hurt these trucks that said tuning can and will kill them. all that is needed is a moron to put there mad dog tuner turn it up to ricky bobby hook it to there 30,000 lb excavator on a 42 foot equipment trailer and hold it to the floor. Factory tuning was written for it not to blow up. Turning them up removes a lot of margin of error.

uga33

Reaction score
I just ******d a '15 with only 600 miles on the odometer. Best thing that could have happened to that truck. It had only seen one regen. It will live a happy life.

1stock13

Reaction score
removing the emissions does nothing to hurt these trucks that said tuning can and will kill them. all that is needed is a moron to put there mad dog tuner turn it up to ricky bobby hook it to there 30,000 lb excavator on a 42 foot equipment trailer and hold it to the floor. Factory tuning was written for it not to blow up. Turning them up removes a lot of margin of error.

I use an H&S minimaxx 4 on their can tunes. I usually stay on stock mode, and I don't use other people tunes. I would never put more then 12k pounds behind this truck ever.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Add a CTS, some GH tunes and drive the piss out of it. Have your oil tested every now and then. If the engine is on its way out, you will be able to see it. Anything else is a crap shoot and would most likely fail anyways, deeleted or not. You paid for it, enjoy your hour.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Before the stroke of midnight on Christmas Eve you will be visited by 3 spirits. The ghost of diesels past. The ghost of diesels present. And finally the ghost of stop listening to stupid people.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Before the stroke of midnight on Christmas Eve you will be visited by 3 spirits. The ghost of diesels past. The ghost of diesels present. And finally the ghost of stop listening to stupid people.

Had about 200 similar conversations over the years. All pointless and a complete waste of time to even respond.

Latest posts

Members online