Diesel Power Challenge 2013; Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
It's about time they figure out how to add 2wd's to this competition...

I assuming just like the original DPC, once they have one comp and it is successful people will build a vehicle for it. I'm not saying it would be the kind of comp you could do for 5 years... But there has to be enough 2wd's for a couple years?? Even if there is only enough trucks for a one time deal... So what? The comp infrastructure is already in place. Add it as a side show to the original DPC so as little extra cost is being used. People want to see these trucks in action... However most, like me aren't interested in a full season of racing(for multiple reasons), but a once a year event I would do. I have been told in the past there isn't enough 2wd trucks... So why not have more trucks return the following year? Let (friendly)grudge matches grow.

Anyone want to see 2wd's in a DPC style comp tailored for the trucks?? Maybe we need to start a poll?

Why don't they let 2wd's in to compete with everyone else? Its up to the competitor to determine if they are at an advantage or disadvantage in my opinion. The only things that I think it really effects are the launch at the drag strip and how you set the truck up for sled pulling - but that is up to the competitor anyway. Lets see some wheel stands at the sled pull and get this over with.

Built 6.7

Reaction score
all let cat out of the bag i guess on my build.

matt doyle 2011 6.7 23,000 miles
rods, stage 2 heads with SPE dual springs, chromoly retainers, titanium keepers, a1 head studs, SPE push rods, 63mm- 80mm compounds, SPE intercooler,60% injectors, dual cp4,ATS stage 2 trans, 5 star converter,watermeth, 2 stages of nitrous.

newton lift 2inch leveling kit, newton lift 4-link, newton lift fatboy traction bars

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
all let cat out of the bag i guess on my build.

matt doyle 2011 6.7 23,000 miles
rods, stage 2 heads with SPE dual springs, chromoly retainers, titanium keepers, a1 head studs, SPE push rods, 63mm- 80mm compounds, SPE intercooler,60% injectors, dual cp4,ATS stage 2 trans, 5 star converter,watermeth, 2 stages of nitrous.

newton lift 2inch leveling kit, newton lift 4-link, newton lift fatboy traction bars

Ats=purple power pussies, I see this being your biggest downfall

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I would love to see someone with a 2wd enter. I would worry though that in the trailer tow and the sled pull the lack of the front 2 wheels pulling the truck along would be hard to overcome. Def wouldn't matter in the dyno or road test. I would think, if you had the truck dialed in properly, it would help at the drag race.

I think with the right setup and some practice before hand it could be done though.

Kind

Reaction score
Why don't they let 2wd's in to compete with everyone else? Its up to the competitor to determine if they are at an advantage or disadvantage in my opinion. The only things that I think it really effects are the launch at the drag strip and how you set the truck up for sled pulling - but that is up to the competitor anyway. Lets see some wheel stands at the sled pull and get this over with.

There is now way a 2wd daily driver can compete with 4wd's in sled pulling. Honestly... With the fact you have to run one set of tires for all events puts 2wd's at huge disadvantage in all but 2 categories, dyno and milage tests. Which 2wd's would most likely excel past 4wd's.

I would love to see someone with a 2wd enter. I would worry though that in the trailer tow and the sled pull the lack of the front 2 wheels pulling the truck along would be hard to overcome. Def wouldn't matter in the dyno or road test. I would think, if you had the truck dialed in properly, it would help at the drag race.

I think with the right setup and some practice before hand it could be done though.

Again I wouldn't advocate 2wd's against 4wd's. The way the contest is configured is to see who has the best setup for all around useful truck. 4wd's being far more useful.

A 2wd competition would have to be 2wd specific for the most part.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

Its all setup. I know I could make a truck work like I want in both the trailer town and the sled pull. Even if that means that I make some sort of crazy ass "load leveler" bracket that used a pair of chains that crossed under the hitch point and tightened down under the truck for the trailer tow to keep my front end planted. We have 2wd guys that hook all the time in the points circuit - they place very well against similar powered 4wd guys (they don't win or get in the money, but they are WAY down on power compared to the guys that do).

Wayne

Reaction score
I heard the voting issue of the mag is out now, but don't have a copy. If any of you have it, could you post who's in for sure, and claimed power levels? Thanks.

Wayne

Reaction score
Never mind. I just got a list of the Ford owners 10 names, but no other stats. :cursing: Congrats to those of you who made it this far, but I would sure love a good explanation as to why I got the email stating I was in the top 10 fords to appear in the April issue to be voted on, and then got pulled.:confused:

phooker

Reaction score
Never mind. I just got a list of the Ford owners 10 names, but no other stats. :cursing: Congrats to those of you who made it this far, but I would sure love a good explanation as to why I got the email stating I was in the top 10 fords to appear in the April issue to be voted on, and then got pulled.:confused:
Mind posting that list?

Wayne

Reaction score
The list as I saw it on the d-max forum:

Dustin Arnold
Wesley Beach
Raymond Boknevitz
Andy Brinkman
Matthew Doyle
Shawn Elmhirst
Derek Hamill
David Herfner
Caleb Hershberger
Randall Lane

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score

Dustin Arnold
Wesley Beach
Raymond Boknevitz
Andy Brinkman
Matthew Doyle
Shawn Elmhirst
Derek Hamill
David Herfner
Caleb Hershberger
Randall Lane

i think i know that guy, to bad he sent in an email saying he had to pull out of the competition

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
I am going to be keeping my eye out for the issue now because I wanna know who is in and I don't recognize any of the names that Wayne posted.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Well randell I didn't put two and two together there. Thanks. Even though I talked to you about parts a little over a week ago. We can just forget this happened. :LOL:

Wayne

Reaction score
For gm guys :

Shilo Ellingford
Devin Fayerweather
Richard Lepore
Willie Lewis
Zach Lucas
Tony Lyons
Eric Pfeifer
Tony Rizzi
Bruce Stafford
Andrew Murdock

I only know Andrew, but he's got a pretty wild truck, and will get my vote. I don't know of any of the Ram/Dodge crowd, but if anybody knows that too, I'd love to see... or just wait for my issue to show up.

MINK

Reaction score

Dustin Arnold
Wesley Beach
Raymond Boknevitz
Andy Brinkman
Matthew Doyle
Shawn Elmhirst
Derek Hamill
David Herfner
Caleb Hershberger