Dzchey21

Reaction score
Bunch of 6.0s and 7.3s
1 6.4
2 6.7

One 6.0 is a crew cab longbed dually

01PSD

Reaction score
while it is early for one to be making a debut in the challenge i think..
It's simply amazing to me how fast it has transformed. Even though i know you entered Dustin as well as Michael C pretty early with the 6.4

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Erik should scrap the tripple build, and show up with the exact set up he had last year...

Thats me being honest

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Erik should scrap the tripple build, and show up with the exact set up he had last year...

Thats me being honest

Ya dont mess with a winning combo...but I cant say I wouldnt do the same thing...the itch for more never ends

Sent from my SCH-I535

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I actually have a better idea...

Hes already purchased a 92mm precision, just make that work with the 62mm vgt, spools stupid fast, should make really good power on fuel, no smoke ect ect... win, win, win, and its not that huge of a change as far as how the truck will perform other than more hp on fuel

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I actually have a better idea...

Hes already purchased a 92mm precision, just make that work with the 62mm vgt, spools stupid fast, should make really good power on fuel, no smoke ect ect... win, win, win, and its not that huge of a change as far as how the truck will perform other than more hp on fuel

Ding ding ding ding.... We have a winner johnie!!!!!!

Wayne

Reaction score
Too late. The wheels have been in motion way too long to go back on the triples. Most of the upgrades are for reliability at high power levels anyway. Turbo tachs are being permanently installed in all 3 turbos, and back pressure will be heavily monitored until it's all perfectly dialed in. I don't know for sure, but I believe Erik's approach plan is to go conservative as practical, and still win. It would sure suck to break something that couldn't be fixed in time. The good news is that it will be dialed in at DPC altitude. It's not a 92 either. http://www.precisionturbo.net/Street-and-Race/ss/1-500-2-000HP/details/Street-and-Race-Turbocharger---PT98-CEA%C2%AE/297
Good luck spooling that with a 62 LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Too late. The wheels have been in motion way too long to go back on the triples. Most of the upgrades are for reliability at high power levels anyway. Turbo tachs are being permanently installed in all 3 turbos, and back pressure will be heavily monitored until it's all perfectly dialed in. I don't know for sure, but I believe Erik's approach plan is to go conservative as practical, and still win. It would sure suck to break something that couldn't be fixed in time. The good news is that it will be dialed in at DPC altitude. It's not a 92 either. http://www.precisionturbo.net/Street-and-Race/ss/1-500-2-000HP/details/Street-and-Race-Turbocharger---PT98-CEA%C2%AE/297
Good luck spooling that with a 62 LOL

I know it would spool just fine... The heads will always be the restriction on the 62 anyway...

plenty of 95mm/62 combos out there 950 and up on 12v's

Just don't like that tripples arent totally proven and eriks truck still isn't running, time is ticking and we all know that proven set ups win dpc.

MINK

Reaction score
Kauffman and Woosley have very well built and proven Dodges....I'm kinda bummed for the Ford camp...

Make us proud again Erik!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Good luck to everyone, I completely agree this years class is a bit weaker. We entered a truck that we thought would have a chance at making the magazine, but given the advancements in technology knew it was a FAR SHOT for it to actually be in the challenge.

We have no dyno numbers, though the motor/gates will be thoroughly dialed in by Swamps on an engine dyno prior to being shipped back to us for final installed and tweaking.
The injectors in the truck will more than likely be larger and faster than a 400/400 hybrid, though that is the one piece not purchased yet so I can't say for sure. But something in the 600cc range is the goal.

As for turbos, think WOP lightening. Not identical, but same builder and same idea on the turbos.

Once again good luck to everyone, we appreciate all the votes we can get and will be putting all the votes in we can to support the fords the strongest.

We completely agree Erik is by far the front runner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.