Do's and Don'ts of stretched tires

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Be angry. LOL LOL

photo4_zps8b601c91.jpg

morepower02

Reaction score
Why pay the premium for a diesel to to render it useless? I know not all of you kids are independently wealthy.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
If it drives and gets you where you want to go how is it useless. If we want to drive a diesel who the hell are you to criticize us

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Most people with diesel trucks now-a days only have them for the performance aspect. For the most part big mud tires don't really have good speed ratings and are not made for going fast on the street. This is coming from a guy with a lifted truck. If you don't like it stfu its not yours

---Clayton
2002 eclb 7.3- for sale
1990 Chevy K1500- for sale
race truck- in the works
2003 Subaru wrx wagon- new dd toy
sent from the sh!tter withTapatalk2

TyCorr

Reaction score
I do both. Work trucks are unmolested. Surprise they work well right off the floor. My lifted superduty was my worktruck for ten years though. It was lifted out of necessity. Now that I dont pull a trailer off road and need huge tires Im looking to go stockish height.

MINK

Reaction score
Why pay the premium for a diesel to to render it useless? I know not all of you kids are independently wealthy.

I pull a boat, other than that it gets driven on nice days and that's it.

I could use a gas truck for what I need no doubt, but once you tow with a 600hp diesel it's really hard to talk yourself into going gas...

and like the other Josh, I actually work in front of a computer screen - I'm a bank manager so no need for any kind of truck.

guess what? It's what I want though ;)

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I pull a boat, other than that it gets driven on nice days and that's it.

I could use a gas truck for what I need no doubt, but once you tow with a 600hp diesel it's really hard to talk yourself into going gas...

and like the other Josh, I actually work in front of a computer screen - I'm a bank manager so no need for any kind of truck.

guess what? It's what I want though ;)

senor-chang-gay-meme-generator-ha-gaaaayyy-19be20.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It's what I want though ;)

That right there is all that matters!

I may give people sh!t about how their stuff looks but in the end I never mean it cuz it AINT MINE! I like a more stock looking truck but hey, thats what I like.

The towing part is spot on! i have a buddy that owns a 2012 1 ton cheby 6.0 gasser and he thinks it the greatest thing even towing his camper... we took a road trip and I ended up driving a bit.. not towing anything at all. I looked at my buddy and said I would cut my own throat if I had to resort to driving a gas motor again. Ran lots of RPM but couldn't get out of its own way....

live life full throttle

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
Deezul truks are 4 muddin brothers. This thread is dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saying **** like "Deezul truks" is kinda dumb too. Just not as dumb as stretched tires.

I love off roading in my big diesel truck... on trails through the woods, through 2 ft deep snow, up hills, through gullies and over downed trees... but at 9,000lbs, mud is not where she excels.

PS. Driving through a small puddle to get a little dirt on your street tires, is NOT "serious offroading"
i actually do some serious offroading
13204201175_d6d8973bb1_z.jpg

Untitled by bhagvir_grewal, on Flickr

Last edited:

B.Warning

Reaction score
Saying **** like "Deezul truks" is kinda dumb too. Just not as dumb as stretched tires.

I love off roading in my big diesel truck... on trails through the woods, through 2 ft deep snow, up hills, through gullies and over downed trees... but at 9,000lbs, mud is not where she excels.

PS. Driving through a small puddle to get a little dirt on your street tires, is NOT "serious offroading"

You just won't drop it will you? You've made your opinion very clear that you don't like anything other than 16.5 wagon wheels on mud tires. Also anyone that has a truck that doesn't use that truck for its intended purpose is a idiot. We get that loud and clear Padre. So you keep keeping on with your back woods, flaptastic, hiking, fishing, and camping trips in your beloved offroading man machine.

We all have different taste in vehicles, it's human nature. This world would be rather boring if everyone drove redneckmobiles like yours or if everyone drove ghettopimptastic rides like mink does. In the end we as enthusiast can appreciate the hard work put into each ride. It may not be your taste, the intended purpose may be different but everyone here has a truck for the same reason.... The love of the sport/industry.

JrStroker

Reaction score
You just won't drop it will you? You've made your opinion very clear that you don't like anything other than 16.5 wagon wheels on mud tires. Also anyone that has a truck that doesn't use that truck for its intended purpose is a idiot. We get that loud and clear Padre. So you keep keeping on with your back woods, flaptastic, hiking, fishing, and camping trips in your beloved offroading man machine.

We all have different taste in vehicles, it's human nature. This world would be rather boring if everyone drove redneckmobiles like yours or if everyone drove ghettopimptastic rides like mink does. In the end we as enthusiast can appreciate the hard work put into each ride. It may not be your taste, the intended purpose may be different but everyone here has a truck for the same reason.... The love of the sport/industry.

Well said B.

Cory Anderson

Latest posts

Members online