Do's and Don'ts of stretched tires

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
No, he's saying that it don't matter if you pop a bead... go ahead and make your truck look stupid.

MINK

Reaction score
So what you're saying is, when a deer runs out in front of your truck on the highway, it's entirely possible that you'll pop a bead trying to avoid it?
Sounds legit.

It's possible regardless your wheel an tire setup. LOL you guys crack me up!

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
LOL this thread. all the butthurt people about stretched tires.

it all comes down to opinion on what looks good. I think massive sidewalls on 16s that angle way in to the skinny 8" wheel looks stupid as hell. but if that's what you wanna run. more power to ya.

Eric@HoldersDiesel

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score

it all comes down to opinion on what looks good. I think massive sidewalls on 16s that angle way in to the skinny 8" wheel looks stupid as hell. but if that's what you wanna run. more power to ya.

Eric@HoldersDiesel

Opinion is if you like lowered or lifted, black wheels or chrome, etc. Super stretched mud tires are straight up ricer sh!t. A clean mild stretch like Mink has I'm not a fan of but I can appreciate that as being simply different tastes....

johnp115

Reaction score
But it's safer, and to me, cleaner looking if you have a 13.5 wide tire on a 14inch rim. There really isn't any stretch there. I can't stand the stupid ricer fad that's gojng on now with cars having the whole lip of the rim stick out and the tires riding on the side wall. Soon enough some trucks will probably have camber. That's the day I dread to see.

dsberman94

Reaction score
But it's safer, and to me, cleaner looking if you have a 13.5 wide tire on a 14inch rim. There really isn't any stretch there. I can't stand the stupid ricer fad that's gojng on now with cars having the whole lip of the rim stick out and the tires riding on the side wall. Soon enough some trucks will probably have camber. That's the day I dread to see.

ive seen trucks with camber. it looks rediculous and im pretty sure so many people made fun of the guy he put it back to normal.

09stroker

Reaction score

Eric@HoldersDiesel

So it's an opinion when it's yours but butt hurt when it's someone else's :doh:

And you can still have 20" rims without douche stretching your tires.....

dsberman94

Reaction score
i think a 285/75 r16 looks great. just looks like a truck. however 305/60 r18 baja mtz's look awesome. im not one for stretched tires. it just doesn't look right to me. my opinion. you like stretched tires and think it looks good thats your opinion. everyone has one.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's definitely about Gayy inches tall and Toolbag inches wide. The size of the wheel looks to be a Cockbreath X Cumdumpster

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Best post this week! Lmao!! I agree.

Yea, I saw his post. Thats not what im basing my answer on.

Whatever, a 1"x1" thumbnail isnt really clear enough.that I feel dumb for what I said.

Thats cuz your used to being dumb. Lol

live life full throttle

k2xp

Reaction score
the op is asking the do's and donts when running a stretched tire i can give my opinion from actual experience like i mentioned above go for it youll be fine you can offroad and tow lightly .... people on here are quik to give you their opinion on what they think looks good if your gonna do a tribute truck to 1985 then go ahead and run your 9" wide rim on 35s and might as well rock a mullet while your add it...

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
the op is asking the do's and donts when running a stretched tire i can give my opinion from actual experience like i mentioned above go for it youll be fine you can offroad and tow lightly .... people on here are quik to give you their opinion on what they think looks good if your gonna do a tribute truck to 1985 then go ahead and run your 9" wide rim on 35s and might as well rock a mullet while your add it...

Thats whats good about an opinion. It doesnt matter what we say. We will run what we like in the end.

live life full throttle

Derkperk

Reaction score

Try spacing your periods throughout the post, not all grouped together.

Here's a do for ya, ask the tire manufacture and see what they say.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
So it's an opinion when it's yours but butt hurt when it's someone else's :doh:

And you can still have 20" rims without douche stretching your tires.....

LOL not at all. but how many thread have guys with "douche stretched tires" start threads and bag all over guys with "non douche tires". what I'm getting after is, stay the hell out of these threads if you don't like it. none of these guys go into a thread of a guy on stock wheels and 12.50s and says, "man you need some wider wheels, those things look douchebag skinny".

I'm not butthurt at all about any setup. I'm just pissed at the guys that come in and call 12 wide wheels making your truck useless, or stretched tires stupid looking. I don't particularly like anything smaller than a 12.50 on a 12" wheel and 15.50 on a 14". BUT I'm not saying it's stupid or getting pissy about it. my 12s with 12.50s go just as good as my old 9s and 12.50s.

Eric@HoldersDiesel

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Opinion is if you like lowered or lifted, black wheels or chrome, etc. Super stretched mud tires are straight up ricer sh!t. A clean mild stretch like Mink has I'm not a fan of but I can appreciate that as being simply different tastes....

I agree totally. BUT what happens if some guys like the ricer ****. it's their truck. clearly didn't do it to please you, just him and his friends that appreciate it. I just get tired of this whole forum having threads with no helpful info, just "that looks stupid, I'd do **** or ****" not saying that was you. just trying to make a point. which is impossible. lol

Eric@HoldersDiesel

09stroker

Reaction score
LOL not at all. but how many thread have guys with "douche stretched tires" start threads and bag all over guys with "non douche tires". what I'm getting after is, stay the hell out of these threads if you don't like it. none of these guys go into a thread of a guy on stock wheels and 12.50s and says, "man you need some wider wheels, those things look douchebag skinny".

I'm not butthurt at all about any setup. I'm just pissed at the guys that come in and call 12 wide wheels making your truck useless, or stretched tires stupid looking. I don't particularly like anything smaller than a 12.50 on a 12" wheel and 15.50 on a 14". BUT I'm not saying it's stupid or getting pissy about it. my 12s with 12.50s go just as good as my old 9s and 12.50s.

Eric@HoldersDiesel

I agree. But...... This is a forum not a diary. It's inevitable you're gonna get differing opinions.

k2xp

Reaction score
Your right what if someone does like the ricer look but i dont think that stretching a tire on a truck looks ricer ive seen that on civics and what not and it looks broken to me but giving a truck a nice wide stance looks good kinda reminds me of the bully pits.

k2xp

Reaction score
Try spacing your periods throughout the post, not all grouped together.

Here's a do for ya, ask the tire manufacture and see what they say

Lately ive been typing paragraphs like if they where text messages lol... i can ask the manufacturer about stretching the tires they are obviously going to say dont do it as if i where going to call Ford about straight pipeing and tunning my truck obviously there gonna say no also but people do it anyway....

Latest posts

Members online