Dozer Diesel

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I did a WOT run the other day and my EGT's maxed out my EGT meter on my insight...... 2,000!!! After I got home I noticed something dripping off of my control arm and realized it was coolant. I popped my hood and it was everywhere on my drivers side. It came from the degas bottle and it was about a gallon that boiled out. I just think they run a little too hot. Not to mention it was my DD tune with a lot of fuel pulled.

That sounds pretty high... especially for a DD tune. most guys i know running a 68mm vgt turbo see lower egts than that.

175cc = 1350-1500
190= 1450-1550
205= 1550-1750

I would think there is something wrong...

Dropping ICP
Boost leak
Exhaust leak
Chewed up turbine wheel

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I would not do the trade even if it was a good deal and they were good injectors.

There is no reason to downsize your injector body and keep the same nozzle size. You can do that just as easy through tuning. The injector is only going to limit the amount of fuel that is possible to dump... tuning and nozzles are what actually decides how much fuel to dump.

205/100 and 175/100 should run exactly the same on a tow tune. 100% nozzles dump fuel pretty fast so if you want your 205s to act like 175s then you just need to limit your pulse width a little more.

Run a tow tune and see what happens. If you don't have one then try one of the canned sct tow tunes.

I am personally running 285/75s and have multiple tunes that make it run completely different.

My tow tune limits pulse width to around 1.3-1.5ms and egts max out at 1250
My street tune limits pulse width to around 1.5-1.9ms and egts max out at 1450
My race tune limits pulse width to around 1.9-2.4ms and egts max out at 1650

Tow tune should equal around 155cc injectors
Street tune should equal around 185cc injectors
Race tune should equal around 215cc injectors

IMO everyone should run huge bodied injectors and just limit the fuel through nozzle size and tuning

strokin6L

Reaction score
Winter blend washer fluid mixed with water soluable cutting oil works well for my water injection. If you go 175cc injectors.... I would not use 100% nozzles...use 30%.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That sounds pretty high... especially for a DD tune. most guys i know running a 68mm vgt turbo see lower egts than that.

175cc = 1350-1500
190= 1450-1550
205= 1550-1750

I would think there is something wrong...

Dropping ICP
Boost leak
Exhaust leak
Chewed up turbine wheel

I just upgraded to a thumper HPOP so I know I'm not dropping ICP, and I also just redone my exhaust(including new uppipe and downpipe) right before I came home. The turbo has maybe 6,000 miles on it.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I just upgraded to a thumper HPOP so I know I'm not dropping ICP, and I also just redone my exhaust(including new uppipe and downpipe) right before I came home. The turbo has maybe 6,000 miles on it.

I am not being negative... but even the best products can have issues sometimes. I have heard about issues with twin hpops, thumper pumps, adrenaline pumps, icp senors, ipr. Also even brand new garrett turbos sometimes blow up right out of the box. It is rare but crap happens. I would check them out anyway. Your EGT numbers seem crazy high... could even be a bad egt probe.

Are you monitoring ICP?
What kind of boost r u seeing?

Reaction score
I've been having problems recently with SCT custom tunes not exporting from Advantage correctly or something. Run crazy smokey and hot, terrible throttle response. Tuner resends it and everything is good again.

Reaction score
I am not being negative... but even the best products can have issues sometimes. I have heard about issues with twin hpops, thumper pumps, adrenaline pumps, icp senors, ipr. Also even brand new garrett turbos sometimes blow up right out of the box. It is rare but crap happens. I would check them out anyway. Your EGT numbers seem crazy high... could even be a bad egt probe.

Are you monitoring ICP?
What kind of boost r u seeing?

Yeah I'm thinking it could be reading high because the probe has been messing up lately. Like reading 1100 at idle lol. I think it could just be my degas bottle as well. Going to the shop tomorrow to pressure check it. Who knows... Could be a headgasket but it runs great and doesn't smoke a lot. Even at wot it cleans up pretty good.

MorganY

Reaction score
Most likely you're losing icp. Monitor icp voltage at WOT and post up what it is.

If you're low then...Welcome to the game of low icp.

It can be characterized by any of the following:

1) My truck orals coal
2) My truck is slow
3) My egts frequently reach 1800
4) There is now a large hole in the bed where you feed cash into every week
5) The only fix is
5a) New injectors from someone else
5aa) Reduce nozzle size or remove a shim if possible
5b) Modify your oil system (e.g. Twin Hpops or an adrenaline)
5c) Burn it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
1)Truck only smokes bad when flooring it from low rpms
2)Truck isn't slow or sluggish
3)My EGT's hardly ever hit over 1600
4)Truck gets about 17-18mpg (hand calculated)

I'll probably end up dropping nozzle sizes to either 75's or 50's. I did a WOT run this morning and my voltage never dropped under 4.4v. I think my probe is bad.

Strokin89

Reaction score
I just found the thread about dozer diesel that was very entertaining hahaha id stay as far away from him as possible!

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Taylor, stay away from those injectors. Send your 205's to Rykan at Holder's Diesel to have them checked out, flow benched and drop the nozzle size.

Oh, and call me for a shiny new degas bottle!!LOL

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

Reaction score
Taylor, stay away from those injectors. Send your 205's to Rykan at Holder's Diesel to have them checked out, flow benched and drop the nozzle size.

Oh, and call me for a shiny new degas bottle!!LOL

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

Yeah I'm staying away. Going to take your advice and give Holders a call tomorrow and check with them on nozzle size. I'll be hitting you up on that shiny bottle come August

Latest posts

Members online