DP F5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
yeah and im the pope lol. the reason that you dont hear about the failures is because they hide them, via intimidation. If your not happy and they cant change your mind about it they threaten to throw a law suit on ya when you express your dissatisfaction and bam most folks dont want to even mess with it. They have their problems just as the other guys do, its just that they are sneaky about it, work the fine lines and try to hide their problems. I'd run fuel 7 with nitrous and propane before i ran their stuff.

That's a bold statement. But I dont blame ya. Id love for some way to "scan" the program that grenaded my motor.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
yeah and im the pope lol. the reason that you dont hear about the failures is because they hide them, via intimidation. If your not happy and they cant change your mind about it they threaten to throw a law suit on ya when you express your dissatisfaction and bam most folks dont want to even mess with it. They have their problems just as the other guys do, its just that they are sneaky about it, work the fine lines and try to hide their problems. I'd run fuel 7 with nitrous and propane before i ran their stuff.

I am clueless as to what you are trying to say. Intimidation?? C'mon man... Grow up. Any person has the right to review any product that he or she uses. It's simple freedom of speech. Now I don't believe it is right to talk down on a product until both parties have tried to resolve the issue.

What kind of lawsuit are you talking about? Degradation? That would be nothing more than small claims court, and a consumer usually has the upper hand.

I think most tuners out there are good people who will work with all of their customers. I think it is usually the customer who jumps the gun and gets nasty. No body wants a bad name, and in this kind of industry reputation is vital.

MOST guys are loyal to their tuner and will think they are the best even without trying all of the tuners. It's completely opinion.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
When did you run DP?

I ran a DP econo tuned PCM for under 1000 km before it tossed the number 7 rod. The upgrades to the truck at the time were:
Stacks 4" DP Back
Leveling kit
3 pod piller gauges boost/pyro/trans.

That is it. Am I single out DP for any retribution in any sort. No, but that is the sole reason I will NEVER run an economy based tune on my truck. From ANY tuner for that sake.

MossBack

Reaction score
I ran a DP econo tuned PCM for under 1000 km before it tossed the number 7 rod.

That statement sounds like the one " guns kill people " or better yet " forks make people fat".

When I installed my chip the transmission burnt up about 4 months later. I could have easily blamed tunes for that. But it was my right foot and driving like I stole it all the time that caused the failure.

Things break and sh!t happens. That's life. Don't blame everyone.

Ok rant over.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
That statement sounds like the one " guns kill people " or better yet " forks make people fat".

When I installed my chip the transmission burnt up about 4 months later. I could have easily blamed tunes for that. But it was my right foot and driving like I stole it all the time that caused the failure.

Things break and sh!t happens. That's life. Don't blame everyone.

Ok rant over.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

You obviously missed the rest of my post. Remove the blinders, I said I dont blame them, I just refuse economy tunes. That and I have never bashed DP. I understood the risks of modifying a vehichle. However the old DP econo tune has killed several motors. Coincidence ?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I ran a DP econo tuned PCM for under 1000 km before it tossed the number 7 rod. The upgrades to the truck at the time were:
Stacks 4" DP Back
Leveling kit
3 pod piller gauges boost/pyro/trans.

That is it. Am I single out DP for any retribution in any sort. No, but that is the sole reason I will NEVER run an economy based tune on my truck. From ANY tuner for that sake.

Oh okay. I am assuming this was a while ago?

I have a question though (anyone can chime in). What is the difference between an economy tune and others? I really want to know, not trying to be a smart a$$.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Oh okay. I am assuming this was a while ago?

I have a question though (anyone can chime in). What is the difference between an economy tune and others? I really want to know, not trying to be a smart a$$.

I believe it has to do with timing, from what I understand (I could be wrong) but timing is increased to burn more of the fuel entering the cylinder, less out the pipe. Too much timing and a little heavy ol' right foot and boom.

Been done....many, many times before.

:cool:

How and who ? I would love to see, just for sh!ts.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I believe it has to do with timing, from what I understand (I could be wrong) but timing is increased to burn more of the fuel entering the cylinder, less out the pipe. Too much timing and a little heavy ol' right foot and boom.

I spoke with Jody about that, as that was a concern for me. He assured me that his injection timing is actually lower than most other tuners. I believe he said he focuses on more ICP. I would be interested to know what Economy tunes are really based on. What makes them differ from lets say a street tune?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Talk to Joe, he has the goods.

:D

Joe is about the biggest hater on DP lol. I have seen the charts he posted. There was a huge debate on them. Maybe they were true, maybe they were modified?? I guess only Joe knows for sure.

907DAVE

Reaction score
I spoke with Jody about that, as that was a concern for me. He assured me that his injection timing is actually lower than most other tuners. I believe he said he focuses on more ICP. I would be interested to know what Economy tunes are really based on. What makes them differ from lets say a street tune?

Maybe now he does....or maybe its just talk?

Guess what ICP does......., it too increases CP by injecting fuel faster.....just like advancing timing - and at the same time it gives you that retarded-touchy pedal everyone loves.

Good stuff.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score

He could be right. Now, but my tune is almost 4 years old. And no disrespect to Jody in any way, but there was quite a few failed motors with a variety of parts from different vendors and mileage etc. The only common link was the DP 80e. He could have made adjustments seeing this.

Again I am in no way stating that that tune caused my failure. But it does seem plausible and I am sure a few would say the same on their rig. I dont care how much a tuner will assure me, never will I run an economy tune.

Start it in stock, once shes warm right to the hot tune. Tow tunes as required.

Im gonna end with this, as to not muck up the OPs post anymore and start a pissing match.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Joe is about the biggest hater on DP lol. I have seen the charts he posted. There was a huge debate on them. Maybe they were true, maybe they were modified?? I guess only Joe knows for sure.

The stuff he has is from actual programs pulled off of chips - from rod'd DP tuned trucks.

Truuust me.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Maybe now he does....or maybe its just talk?

Guess what ICP does......., it too increases CP by injecting fuel faster.....just like advancing timing - and at the same time it gives you that retarded-touchy pedal everyone loves.

Good stuff.

Actually I believe it is when ICP is brought on at what rate. Yes, if you have 550 psi at idle, and as soon as the throttle is touched it jumps to 1000 psi of course it is gonna jump on you.

Advanced timing and ICP are two different things. Timing is when the fuel is shot and ICP is how hard it is shot I believe.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Actually I believe it is when ICP is brought on at what rate. Yes, if you have 550 psi at idle, and as soon as the throttle is touched it jumps to 1000 psi of course it is gonna jump on you.

Advanced timing and ICP are two different things. Timing is when the fuel is shot and ICP is how hard it is shot I believe.

Sorry, but.......wrong. If it shoots in harder - it also shoots faster.

If he saw that timing was so advanced, why did he continue running it until it blew?

The stuff he has was not from his truck per se, but even if it was - how would he know his timing was grossly over done?

Do you know what your CP's are like when you hammer down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online