DP F5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
You should have tried Fuel 7 from DI.:shocked:

The point is 7.3 tuning has evolved exponentially.

I had fuel7... It was a TS program IIRC, not a DI tune.

I would run it as a daily tune before I would run an 80e tune.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I recall David at one time taking responsibity for writing that tune, he said it was for a specific situation and was never intended for mass distribution. What happened after that I can't say, but it is apparently still showing up on TS chips.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Either way, point stays the same.

Whats the point? Its ok to put out an extream race tune 9 years ago that could have popped 2-3 motors...

Or its ok to put out a 80e tune that is KNOWN to have popped 30 motors and call it safe?

Then come on and tell everyone that its just not possible to blow a motor running that tuning?

Its easy for you to say water under the bridge, not so much for people who have lost alot of money running said tuning.:doh:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I recall David at one time taking responsibity for writing that tune, he said it was for a specific situation and was never intended for mass distribution. What happened after that I can't say, but it is apparently still showing up on TS chips.

Dennis of TS said he wrote it, but it was never meant to get out. More of a special order tune for someone.

It was insainly fun to drive on my completely stock 2001...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yup... Chip would just shut down sometimes... I would always carry a TS chip with Tadd's tuning on it to just swap out, but when it happened to someone else I dont trust to swap chips then they had to dick with it for 30 minutes before it would fire back up.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Dennis of TS said he wrote it.

Maybe thats what I'm remembering, but it was a public comment on one of the forums and like you said it was not intended for mass distribution, even though now it seems to be on current TS chips based on some recent posts over at PSN.

big_stroker

Reaction score
A few years ago I would have been right in this argument.

I'm glad I have grown up and got better sh!t to do.

It's still funny though... Carry on.

Dslfumes

Reaction score
I have an old TS chip and haven't updated my tunes in maybe 6 years. I have this "fuel 7" tune on my chip y'all speak of. I don't run it often. It makes my engine sound pissed off if I stuff the peddle to the floor.....should I no longer run this program?
I know this is a derail but if someone prefers to just PM me the reasons I shouldn't use that program I would greatly appreciate it.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I have this "fuel 7" tune on my chip y'all speak of. I don't run it often. It makes my engine sound pissed off if I stuff the peddle to the floor.....should I no longer run this program?

Your engine is begging you to quit running it. Proper tunes at full throttle should be quiet and smooth sounding.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Yup... Chip would just shut down sometimes... I would always carry a TS chip with Tadd's tuning on it to just swap out, but when it happened to someone else I dont trust to swap chips then they had to dick with it for 30 minutes before it would fire back up.
Mistake #1, letting joebob anywhere near the GBB LOL

imelmo

Reaction score
Keep this thread on track fellas. State your experience and move on. Don't argue about someone else's experience. Don't post experiences or info via calling other members names and such. Some of these threads that are supposed to be tech threads have been getting out of hand lately and we're gonna start cracking down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online