Elite 2015 up grade kit

colecoop56

Reaction score
If with a new billet wheel these turbos could get in the low to mid 600rwhp range I would buy one in a heart beat and then buy dual fuelers to run with it.

Maybe Im dreaming :shrug:

Jgon08

Reaction score
I can't see them going to 600 but I think 550 is realistic goal with dual pumps of course.

colecoop56

Reaction score
I can't see them going to 600 but I think 550 is realistic goal with dual pumps of course.

I bet the stock 11-14 turbos can run 530-540rwhp with dual fuelers with the right tuning. It may not last forever at that speed but I bet it could be done.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I bet the stock 11-14 turbos can run 530-540rwhp with dual fuelers with the right tuning. It may not last forever at that speed but I bet it could be done.

Lol. Would be interesting to see if someone is risking to grenade turbo. Sounds like a Fri/sat night with some drinks and a dyno on hand. I have gone through a few transmission because of those nights.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
dseitler (guy that just did the GT4094) was running dual fuelers with a stock turbo before he did the turbo swap.

dseitler

Reaction score
Yes the numbers are true running a GearHead Tune which I think is a great Tune. I ran the SPE Tune before the GearHead but didn't feel comfortable with all the low end fuel with the stock rods and dual fuel. It is still my opinion but I can't prove it the 11-12 will Have more HP then the 13-14. I have seen it at the track many times.

Reaction score
450 is really max on stock 11-14 charger. Some may say they have 500+ but it was a fluke or on a crap dyno and they couldn't repeat it.

I'm thinking with a modded '15 charger depending on what's done 500 or a little over would be reasonable.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Yes the numbers are true running a GearHead Tune which I think is a great Tune. I ran the SPE Tune before the GearHead but didn't feel comfortable with all the low end fuel with the stock rods and dual fuel. It is still my opinion but I can't prove it the 11-12 will Have more HP then the 13-14. I have seen it at the track many times.

I noticed the spe pulled a little harder down low also. But it was also smoked a little more and had higher egt.

I can go wot with a gearhead to and there is a light haze and it won't hit 1500 in a 1/4. The spe is 1500 in before a 1/4 and there is a noticeable haze.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

colecoop56

Reaction score
450 is really max on stock 11-14 charger. Some may say they have 500+ but it was a fluke or on a crap dyno and they couldn't repeat it.

I'm thinking with a modded '15 charger depending on what's done 500 or a little over would be reasonable.

Damn I was hoping a modded 15 charger would be capable of more then that because for that price I would be all over it. I miss my duramax days when I could get a direct bolt on charger that would produce 600s with no kit needed. I wish someone would come up with a direct swap for ours that was capable of that because it would sell like crazy.

colecoop56

Reaction score
And ya the 11-12s always seem to be quicker and hAve more hp with the standard deletes and tune. I believe it's something with how ford changed the tuning on the 13s and up

Reaction score
Damn I was hoping a modded 15 charger would be capable of more then that because for that price I would be all over it. I miss my duramax days when I could get a direct bolt on charger that would produce 600s with no kit needed. I wish someone would come up with a direct swap for ours that was capable of that because it would sell like crazy.

Well it might make 600 on a dyno jet 224 no load cell with a sweet parts selling correction factor. But we don't use fairy tale numbers. The only way you will get a true 600 hp is with a single kit and in the 66mm area.

Reaction score
Well it might make 600 on a dyno jet 224 no load cell with a sweet parts selling correction factor. But we don't use fairy tale numbers. The only way you will get a true 600 hp is with a single kit and in the 66mm area.

Stock fuel, same tune with the cast 66 single kit we made 517 on that dyno with the same setup truck that made 426. If that gives you an idea of how restrictive the factory style chargers are on 11-14 trucks. The '15 is still the same basic charger just with a different compressor setup. It will never hold a candle to even a cast 366.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
What are you doing exactly to the 15 turbos if I can ask? Trying to think if that would be a good upgrade for my 15 once it gets here. Do you think the shaft and bearing will handle it? Since that is what failed 2 turbos on my 11. would it work on a stock truck? obviously it will be a benefit for a tuned one but since tuning is most likely a ways out just building a plan. Plus I live at 6200ft and go up from there if that matters.

Thanks for any info, David

Reaction score
What are you doing exactly to the 15 turbos if I can ask? Trying to think if that would be a good upgrade for my 15 once it gets here. Do you think the shaft and bearing will handle it? Since that is what failed 2 turbos on my 11. would it work on a stock truck? obviously it will be a benefit for a tuned one but since tuning is most likely a ways out just building a plan. Plus I live at 6200ft and go up from there if that matters.

Thanks for any info, David

Well I'm not gonna give a bunch of specs yet till we are done dyno testing as they may be changed. For now it's still a stock turbine with a different billet wheel and machined housing. Few modifications to make it spool better and tweak a little more flow out of it. Yes I don't see any reason it will not be a good drop in upgrade for the '15 trucks. I will have one on my "15 as soon and it's tuned and deleted so I can dyno comparison all the gains on that platform as well.

colecoop56

Reaction score
Well I'm not gonna give a bunch of specs yet till we are done dyno testing as they may be changed. For now it's still a stock turbine with a different billet wheel and machined housing. Few modifications to make it spool better and tweak a little more flow out of it. Yes I don't see any reason it will not be a good drop in upgrade for the '15 trucks. I will have one on my "15 as soon and it's tuned and deleted so I can dyno comparison all the gains on that platform as well.

Are you convinced it will be a good upgrade for the 11-14 trucks?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.