elite 72mm atmo

Wayne

Reaction score
I'm glad Nathannial got you taken care of. I ended up spending almost the entire day running errands, and couldn't get to it.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I'm glad Nathannial got you taken care of. I ended up spending almost the entire day running errands, and couldn't get to it.

Its all good Wayne, just called every little bit till I got a hold of someone. I should get everything back together tomorrow. It will be fun wrestling both turbos back in together. Might have a buddy stop by for that.

Wayne

Reaction score
FWIW, here in a little bit, I'll be doing your exact same project tonight, start to finish. I'm just waiting for the motor to cool a bit. I'll post when I'm done, just to pour a little salt in your wounds LOL Having my bolts freshly installed 250 miles ago helps though. Good thing you kept calling back as we were super short handed today. I'm looking forward to your review.

Look at it this way though. With all the crap you're going through, when it's all done, it should be even more rewarding for you, when you finally get to mash the pedal. Just remember to pre-oil that thing before you fire it up.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
If the vgt hadn't broken, and I had the bolt removing procedure down, probably would have been 5 hours. After doing it now I'm guessing 3 to 4 on the next. That's why you get paid to work on trucks.

Wayne

Reaction score
Yeah, that VGT thing sure sucks, and not having the perfect tools for the job. Don't worry. I decided against telling you what time I finished.:poke: At least you'll have what you need tomorrow, to finish the job.:rockon: Just be extra careful putting the new vein controller in.

sootie

Reaction score
FWIW, here in a little bit, I'll be doing your exact same project tonight, start to finish. I'm just waiting for the motor to cool a bit. I'll post when I'm done, just to pour a little salt in your wounds LOL Having my bolts freshly installed 250 miles ago helps though. Good thing you kept calling back as we were super short handed today. I'm looking forward to your review.

Look at it this way though. With all the crap you're going through, when it's all done, it should be even more rewarding for you, when you finally get to mash the pedal. Just remember to pre-oil that thing before you fire it up.

any tips on how to pre-oil the turbo?

Demon

Reaction score
Nothing fancy there, just Pour some clean, fresh engine oil into the feed port while it's still on the bench until it come out the drain, turn the shaft by hand to coat the whole shaft. Done deal.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Wayne

Reaction score
Aside from pre-oiling, We let them idle for about 10 minutes prior to driving. Obviously be nice to it long enough for the engine oil to get up to temp though. It's all in how long you want your stuff to last.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I never run my truck till the oil is at temp for a bit, I'll but the turbo in then pore some oil in the feed and spin the comp wheel.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Aside from pre-oiling, We let them idle for about 10 minutes prior to driving. Obviously be nice to it long enough for the engine oil to get up to temp though. It's all in how long you want your stuff to last.

Ok thanks. I dont run my truck hard untill all of my temps are up anyhow, but i just wanted to make sure there wasn't like a 300 mile break in period before you get on it.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Holy crap this turbo is nasty. Spool is much faster. Sucks the minder at like 3/8 throttle and wasn't moving the minder at all before. Its wet and rainy so not a whole lot of testing I can do tonight. Replacing that arm really sucked, ate up a few hours including getting the vgt reassembled. Happy its working.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
And the atmospheric turbo was a few degrees off which is why I was struggling, loosed the v- band and it just fell into place.

Latest posts

Members online