Famous 6.7 tick after oil change

Pirogue

Reaction score
I just did my 1st oil change at 2230 miles, put amsoil 5W-40 in it and 15 miles later she ticks!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Mine does that exact thing every time I change the oil... first start up no ticking.. drove a 100ish miles tick came back... 200 miles later tick is gone.

live life full throttle

RedRice589

Reaction score
Uhhhh mine ticks in general. I'm sorry I don't see the seriousness in this my 6.4 made noises and my old charger made noises and I just let it be until it throws a code lol

Pirogue

Reaction score
I just did my 1st oil change at 2230 miles, put amsoil 5W-40 in it and 15 miles later she ticks!

Well I only heard the Tick that one time.......she's been smooth since!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I picked up some mobile 1 5-40 for half off at vatozone when I was trying to find delo cuz walmart, evidently is the only store that carries it, and it ticks the worse yet and loud.... with the delo it ticked for the first 300 mikes or so and then it stopped. But for some reason when I was working in kansas and they hit that negative temperature for a week or so, it ticked the entire time and went away after it warmed back up a week later... hopefully the mobile stops ticking after a couple hundred more miles.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I picked up some mobile 1 5-40 for half off at vatozone when I was trying to find delo cuz walmart, evidently is the only store that carries it, and it ticks the worse yet and loud.... with the delo it ticked for the first 300 mikes or so and then it stopped. But for some reason when I was working in kansas and they hit that negative temperature for a week or so, it ticked the entire time and went away after it warmed back up a week later... hopefully the mobile stops ticking after a couple hundred more miles.

live life full throttle

I should add to this that the temps have been the same as they where 8j ks.

The oil conditioner is motorcraft XL-17.

Is it proven to work? Ive only read about it from a couple posts on here.

live life full throttle

09stroker

Reaction score
Ok I had previously reported the shaeffers stopped ticking but it took a while and it's ticking now.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It was -3 this afternoon and I left the truck running while I ran in to the grocery store and parked about 50yds away from the door. When I came out of the store, I could hear the tick plain as day!! So im still lost.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Hmmmm, wonder how many guys actually pay attention to it like we do? Yesterday morning at -6° it sounded like a monkey messin with a tambourine and a snare drum.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online