Finially decided on my build

stroken

Reaction score
I finally had time to tear my engine down and found I had an injector hang open and melted a piston without much damage done. Im going to hone the cylinder wall with new piston, wrist pin, and all new rod bearings. Heres my plan to put it back together, let me know what yall think and what kind of hp and 1/4 mile times I could expect.

ARP head studs
Full EGR delete
6.0 manifold
Ported fuel rails
Airdog II
30% nozzles
MPD single turbo kit - 68 or 72mm
Possible a ported itake manifold

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Eric had mentioned to me 30's would be fine for a stock pump...

I would get a duel fueler kit if you are going to be running 30% nozzles. Then you dont have to back the pulse width back at all and get the full power out of them.

stroken

Reaction score
something like a spitfire enough?

Out of curiousity what are all my options out there for fuel supplyers?

Jgon08

Reaction score
something like a spitfire enough?

Out of curiousity what are all my options out there for fuel supplyers?

I would look at elites or Rudy's dual fuel kit, it's a little pricey but well worth it in the long run.

stroken

Reaction score
Im not sure all the technical stuff. I know Eric said he has 30% mpd single 66mm airdog 2 and that was it and truck did 670-680..

one2nine

Reaction score
Our builds will be similar but I'll be going with a bigger charger and a valvetrain upgrade. Are you planning on changing the stall on your convertor? This was something that I haven't thought about that jared from rcd brought up.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Yup Eric is running his extreme x with a slightly lower pw. Thousands of Cummins and duramax guys run big nozzles with lower pw and make great power. Not sure why we'd be any different.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

stroken

Reaction score
Yes, but I want more then that. And Im not sure about changing the converter stall yet or not. I havent had the build trans long, I'll see what craig says, I cant remember if we decided on stock stall or not.

one2nine

Reaction score
I'm going to be going with a 75mm so a stock stall would be pretty rough for that turbo. I'm still gathering input on everything but a higher stall would be needed. What are the specs on the turbo you're going with?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Yup Eric is running his extreme x with a slightly lower pw. Thousands of Cummins and duramax guys run big nozzles with lower pw and make great power. Not sure why we'd be any different.

Not saying it wouldn't make great power. I'm just telling you that my truck lost power with nozzles and a stock fuel system. We tried several different tunes written specifically for my setup and spent hours on the dyno trying like hell to make it even make the same power. It's not an opinion, it's fact.

The stock fuel system moves just enough fuel to support the nozzles that are in it. I really can't see any reason to use a larger nozzle until you have the fuel system to support it.

one2nine

Reaction score
Not saying it wouldn't make great power. I'm just telling you that my truck lost power with nozzles and a stock fuel system. We tried several different tunes written specifically for my setup and spent hours on the dyno trying like hell to make it even make the same power. It's not an opinion, it's fact.

The stock fuel system moves just enough fuel to support the nozzles that are in it. I really can't see any reason to use a larger nozzle until you have the fuel system to support it.

Agreed. The only thing I think you would benefit from is a better spray pattern, but without the fuel to support them it's kinda a waste.

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Yeah that's weird. Eric dynoed a dually with 30% nozzles on extreme street made like 640rwhp. So they got some gain outta that truck. Also many say it's safer and a more controlled spray in the bowl of the piston.

Latest posts

Members online