Fuel distribution to back of the heads

V-Ref

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this?

I like the quality of Strictly/Sinisters/Driven ?? system thats on there....but wanted to clean up the valley some.

So that's 1/2 Parker from the Irate pump/filter assy....wrapped in abrasion guard...bundle clamped off on the truck and the turbo mount via the bulkhead JIC tee fitting...then pushlok and JIC to the npt ports on the back of the heads....I searched but didn't find any pics like this...thoughts?

tu7ubusu.jpg

Then will return from front of heads to regulator...then back to tank.

Looking for feedback on the distribution tee in the valley under the turbo...would heat shield be smart to do?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

JD3020

Reaction score
This is an idea i've tossed around before. Although if i did that, i'd also mount the regulator somewhere else, just to get all the junk out of the valley that i can.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I gonna use DI fuel rail fittings and go in the back of heads under the cab. Just lines in front of heads to regulator then return line.

David N

Reaction score
The only thing with routing fuel lines down the back of the engine, was, with me, one of the lines coming in contact with an uppipe and burning into and causing a fire.

But if you feel confident putting your life in the hands of zip ties, then go for it.

And yes, it would greatly clean the engine valley up.

mandkole

Reaction score
Its definitely cleaned up. The dead air space behind the motor near the uppipes will get pretty warm, but how warm is the question. Id be concerned about heat soak but it will take awhile to cause any damage to the hose. The 601 hose should be fine.

With reasonable airflow, the biggest thing that we've learned is that the outer cover of the hose usually does not get any warmer than the fluid inside. Back the late 90s and moving to EPA04 engines with higher heat rejection, the concern in heavy truck was to go to silicone coolant hose. We did a LOT of studies that provided consistent data showing that the outer cover of the hose was no warmer than the coolant inside. Freightliner (then Daimler) went exclusively with our blue stripe coolant hose and never looked back.

V-Ref

Reaction score
The only thing with routing fuel lines down the back of the engine, was, with me, one of the lines coming in contact with an uppipe and burning into and causing a fire.

But if you feel confident putting your life in the hands of zip ties, then go for it.

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of your fire.

Here's the clamps I'm using to make sure the 1/2" supply is secure. They had 'em in all different sizes at the Parker store where I bought all the rest of the supplies for this project.

http://www.hi-line.com/electrical/wire-managment/wire-management/
a8udary3.jpg

V-Ref

Reaction score
I gonna use DI fuel rail fittings and go in the back of heads under the cab. Just lines in front of heads to regulator then return line.

What are DI fuel rail fittings? Best I could tell the only way to get fuel into the head was via 4 #2 npt ports located on the four corners of the head? I used a #2 npt male to #6 JIC male straight fitting.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The rear plug that has the 1/4" square fitting. You take it out and put in the DI fitting that has a 6an male fitting.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Banjo bolts...ok gotcha. That's a pretty tight squeeze on the pax side with the up/down pipes on a SD. How's it look on a OBS?

David N

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of your fire.

Here's the clamps I'm using to make sure the 1/2" supply is secure. They had 'em in all different sizes at the Parker store where I bought all the rest of the supplies for this project.

Oh mine never caught on fire. LOL I was just saying.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Banjo bolts...ok gotcha. That's a pretty tight squeeze on the pax side with the up/down pipes on a SD. How's it look on a OBS?

Won't know until I get engine in truck.

Tom S

Reaction score
I would not be comfortable myself without some heat protection for that hose in that are. I did hardline by the turbo on my DIY fuel sytem.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this?

I like the quality of Strictly/S#%&@%#/Driven ??
First thought...I really wish people would let me forget that BS!

So that's 1/2 Parker from the Irate pump/filter assy....wrapped in abrasion guard...bundle clamped off on the truck and the turbo mount via the bulkhead JIC tee fitting...then pushlok and JIC to the npt ports on the back of the heads....I searched but didn't find any pics like this...thoughts?

tu7ubusu.jpg

Then will return from front of heads to regulator...then back to tank.

Looking for feedback on the distribution tee in the valley under the turbo...would heat shield be smart to do?

As for the fuel system...I wouldn't personally run pushlok that close to the turbo or up-pipes...but that's me.

Fat fingered on my iPad...not responsible for typos!

BigRed97

Reaction score
I would swap to a Y block instead of the T fitting.
Smoother flow of the fuel means less chance of aeration

I used a Y block bolted to the bosses for the old mech fuel pump then out of the Y to the back of the heads via DI fittings

Here a few pics

DSCN0732.jpg

DSCN0733.jpg

And no where near the up pipes...the pass side fitting is a little close to the down pipe but not close enough to concern me

Last edited:

Cody

Reaction score
Or make your own banjo bolt fittings.. I drilled and tapped mine for a an fitting in, on another set I did just drilled and tig welded a fitting in..

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I would not be comfortable myself without some heat protection for that hose in that are. I did hardline by the turbo on my DIY fuel sytem.

Same here, on the OBS. Personally, I wouldn't go near the turbo or up-pipes without at least braided line.

That said, I wouldn't think twice about running a hard line under the up-pipe.

Not with the number of hard fuel lines on a turbine engine, running up to 1000* C with no issues.

Latest posts

Members online