Fuel distribution to back of the heads

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'll put in another vote for making a new banjo bolt fitting for the back of the heads. I have done a few trucks that way now. It is tight, but I'm not a fan of NPT fittings at all... so I try to eliminate them when possible.

Freightshaker

Reaction score
Little confused here but it doesn't take much lol. The fuel fittings on the head are 1/8"npt right, are you guys talking about converting those to a different fitting?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Little confused here but it doesn't take much lol. The fuel fittings on the head are 1/8"npt right, are you guys talking about converting those to a different fitting?

I take these fittings in this picture I just borrowed from the post above you:

temp_5_zpsok7ehdfy.jpg

Then I weld an AN fitting to them and drill out the center for flow - then just plug the 1/8NPT fitting holes that are normally used with a pipe plug. Diesel Innovations also sold new custom fittings at one time to replace these and do the same thing that I describe. I'm not sure if David Lott still has them or not.

Freightshaker

Reaction score
I take these fittings in this picture I just borrowed from the post above you:

temp_5_zpsok7ehdfy.jpg

Then I weld an AN fitting to them and drill out the center for flow - then just plug the 1/8NPT fitting holes that are normally used with a pipe plug. Diesel Innovations also sold new custom fittings at one time to replace these and do the same thing that I describe. I'm not sure if David Lott still has them or not.

Ok thanks! I wasn't aware there were other fittings to use on the back of the head. I assume that isn't necessary if you are not looking to go high hp and the 1/8npt will suffice.(correct) The parts are stacking higher and higher for my first 7.3 project. So being I have not got into it yet I enjoy all these different ideas. Sorry op for the semi hijack.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Ok thanks! I wasn't aware there were other fittings to use on the back of the head. I assume that isn't necessary if you are not looking to go high hp and the 1/8npt will suffice.(correct) The parts are stacking higher and higher for my first 7.3 project. So being I have not got into it yet I enjoy all these different ideas. Sorry op for the semi hijack.

Yeah - you'll be fine using the 1/8NPT fittings - 99.9% of people will be fine using them. If you ever did want to change it, you can do that at a later date.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Using the rear ports isn't even "necessary" for BIG power. I'm feeding 400/400s through the 1/8" ports with no pressure drop, as were the WOP Lightning and Rail when those had 7.3L engines in them.

m j

Reaction score
DI still sells the fitting. I bought them a little while ago. not on his site though you have to call.

I just cannot see using an a1000 size pump with a 5/8 outlet necked down to two 1/8 npt inlets. it has to be hard on the pump longevity.
it isnt like it is a difficult thing to feed through the back of the head with a -06 (I havent looked at returning through the front yet)
you are already changing the entire fuel supply system to -06, so two more -06 fittings seems to me a no brainer.

DI had them on the shelf. they are a very nicely done stainless item and inexpensive.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I used 1/8 npt to -6an adapter and a -6 45° swivel on the heads with a y in the valley. So I have 1/2 pushlock from my filters up to the y in the valley, then 3/8 braided out of the y to back of heads, and 3/8 braided from front of heads to regulator.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
You can keep the motor lift eyelift on and still use the down pipe?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I think bottom line is like Dennis said...

If you're using xxx/xxx injector at x.x PW and not gettin a pressure drop, you don't need to mess with your fuel system.

But, there's nothing wrong with a little overkill :D

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Are you using a turbo kit from a vendor or fabbing your own? I used irates kit and the down pipe that came with it was perfect after massaging the firewall some.

Latest posts

Members online