Gearhead MCC dyno numbers?

3brorce

Reaction score
Pretty sure there were going to be some shortly if they had not already.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Regardless of the numbers Matt's tunes are well worth the money. Once you drive with them... You'll understand.

Danny26

Reaction score
Has anybody dynoed the gearhead mcc tunes yet?

I am guessing timing and max PW are gonna be the same as his SCT stuff, so dyno numbers should be the same. I have gearhead race on my SCT and it is an awesome tune!

3brorce

Reaction score
Ya, I hear the MCC tunes are even smoother than the SCT tunes. Max power should be relatively the same. Track times maybe where difference will be seen if they is any difference in the trans tuning.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I think he stated in his vendor section there isn't quite so much timing due to the shift on the fly. I'm sure if you wanted a custom tune and didn't want to utilize shift on the fly he may use the same timing as on an sct. I've heard nothing but good things about his mcc tuning. It'll probably end up in my new truck one of these days

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i had a talk with matt on the phone, last night, about some issues i was having. turns out i just needed a newer version of the tow file i had.

regardless, i asked about switching to a MM over my LW.

his response was, (cliff notes version) unless your doing it for the guages, or MCC capabilities, it's not worth the switch.

there is shift on the fly, and there are a few more available options for the tuner himself on the MM. that just ends up being, he's able to make it a little smoother power, but not any more power. in reality, PW is PW, and timing is timing.

the destination remains the same, but you can change the road to a smoother one.

3brorce

Reaction score
That is how I take it as well. Not worth the switch unless I am going to start tuning myself oh boy.

madman1234509

Reaction score
My biggest question, which I haven't bothered asking gearhead yet is which they'd prefer someone that doesn't have either the live wire or h&s to get to custom tune a vehicle. I don't have either but plan on having fairly large Turbos and 100% injectors. I want to make the most power possible but want to be reasonably street friendly. Or is it really just user preference.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
imo, because you don't have either device, it does not matter which one.

pick the device you want, as the tunes will be almost the same.

2mcclr

Reaction score
My biggest question, which I haven't bothered asking gearhead yet is which they'd prefer someone that doesn't have either the live wire or h&s to get to custom tune a vehicle. I don't have either but plan on having fairly large Turbos and 100% injectors. I want to make the most power possible but want to be reasonably street friendly. Or is it really just user preference.

That's what I want to know also. I have a minimaxx currently, I'm just curious what the numbers say

madman1234509

Reaction score
Well thats good to know then. Hmmm so find a new live wire for half the price of a minimaxx. Or just spend the $$ on a new minimaxx....

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
I run Gearhead on my mini and its great. I like the shift on the fly deal for the defuels and it makes it easy if I want to hook to a trailer I can just turn it down a couple clicks.. plus all the gauges.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
that would be the benefit of the Mini. guages and better display, and a few more pid's to moniter.

same time, get the cheap livewire, and buy a dashdaq to moniter.

i bought a LW as i wanted to try IDP as well, and i want a DD. i like the look of the DD better than the mini, and i think (not sure) its a better moniter/scanner. i haven't compared the two in that regards, as i want a DD so its kind of a moot point for me.

3brorce

Reaction score
I run an LW and dashdaq for monitoring. On the fly with a stock 6.4 is not a big deal as you can tow on the biggest file depending on hw heavy and where.

Csilva187

Reaction score
What setting are you folks running on your mm as a daily driver by chance? I thought awhile back a feller was gonna dyno the hd300 and Gearhead back to back? Regardless I appreciate the help and files Matt has provided. Two thumbs up!

3brorce

Reaction score
I dont have an MM but I always run the hottest tune I can no matter if its on Spartan or any of my SCT tunes.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I have given one refund thus far on the MCC stuff. Customer insisted his KEM file got better mileage and he didn't like the way mine shifted (on one of the trans files). I asked him what he wanted differently and he told me "it should have been right from the start and I don't want my truck to be a guinea pig". So much for a "custom" tuning customer. I'm wondering if he is just scamming me.

pog

Reaction score
I have given one refund thus far on the MCC stuff. Customer insisted his KEM file got better mileage and he didn't like the way mine shifted (on one of the trans files). I asked him what he wanted differently and he told me "it should have been right from the start and I don't want my truck to be a guinea pig". So much for a "custom" tuning customer. I'm wondering if he is just scamming me.

sounds like he goes off the lie-o-meter. but sometimes its just better if the customer just quits first lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.