Gearhead MCC dyno numbers?

Csilva187

Reaction score
I've been running on the street setting myself. I'm not studded yet which is my main concern. Anybody else ever have there rig lockup then unlock to about 60-70 or so then lock back up into overdrive? Only seems to do this at about half pedal area? It puckers me pretty good when it does this. Forgive me fellers I'm a newb, I'll admit it right now.

3brorce

Reaction score
I have given one refund thus far on the MCC stuff. Customer insisted his KEM file got better mileage and he didn't like the way mine shifted (on one of the trans files). I asked him what he wanted differently and he told me "it should have been right from the start and I don't want my truck to be a guinea pig". So much for a "custom" tuning customer. I'm wondering if he is just scamming me.

Oh man. Sounds like he is. Should of been right from the start LOL. SCAMMER.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
my only question, is how do you refund something that cannot be returned, in a condition he cannot still use it?

right now, he has your tunes, for free.

3brorce

Reaction score
He can still use it. So basically ya, he is running matts tuning for free.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I have given one refund thus far on the MCC stuff. Customer insisted his KEM file got better mileage and he didn't like the way mine shifted (on one of the trans files). I asked him what he wanted differently and he told me "it should have been right from the start and I don't want my truck to be a guinea pig". So much for a "custom" tuning customer. I'm wondering if he is just scamming me.

no refunds on custom tunes... your reputation speaks for itself. Sounds like he's scamming

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i agree

I could understand being upset after dozens of trys or something and not getting it right but everyone likes thier trucks to shift different and mileage claims are just that claims, homo was probably using the lie-o-meter to calculate fuel economy. Just because one says its higher than the other doesnt mean its accurate

Highroller54

Reaction score
My truck needs some love from matt! I had plans of his tunes asap but I want to do my gears first, I fell like my truck makes good power on hd300 but just doesnt make it "work" with 3:55's and 37's (although I hate my trans tuning). My 6.0l was allot more fun/agressive yet made less power but it was on 285's with 3:73's. Or at least should have on paper.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
My truck needs some love from matt! I had plans of his tunes asap but I want to do my gears first, I fell like my truck makes good power on hd300 but just doesnt make it "work" with 3:55's and 37's (although I hate my trans tuning). My 6.0l was allot more fun/agressive yet made less power but it was on 285's with 3:73's. Or at least should have on paper.

I would really urge you to try Matts trans tuning BEFORE you buy gears. His trans files are WAYYYYYYY better then the H&S Files, IMO.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I've been running on the street setting myself. I'm not studded yet which is my main concern. Anybody else ever have there rig lockup then unlock to about 60-70 or so then lock back up into overdrive? Only seems to do this at about half pedal area? It puckers me pretty good when it does this. Forgive me fellers I'm a newb, I'll admit it right now.

I had a similar issue with mine. On the eco setting it would hold out before lockup until 55 mph. Then any slight pedal it would unlock. Went back to my mcc trans tune because I prefer early lockup.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with mine. On the eco setting it would hold out before lockup until 55 mph. Then any slight pedal it would unlock. Went back to my mcc trans tune because I prefer early lockup.

Something doesnt sound right

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my trans but with KEM and Spartan. I could make it unlock but with more throttle input. Ended up being the trucks computer over riding the tune. Found out by having a shop monitor it as I made it do it. Never had this issue with Matt's or the other guys.

Csilva187

Reaction score
If I take off from a stop at about 50-60% throttle say. Kinda being an ass the best I can discribe. 1-2-3 perfect. Then shift 4 (5th) it'll lock then unlock wind up till about 70ish then shift and lockup into 5 (overdrive). I don't always drive like an ass but when I do it puckers me every time lol. Everything else is just perfect also. And lastly I'm just getting into my pickup more and more so maybe it's normal?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
It isn't normal to lock then unlock. Mine happened with about the same throttle input, around 75%. But it would lock, immediately unlock then lock back up again and stay locked.

3brorce

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing on certain files. My converter is starting to go I believe.

Csilva187

Reaction score
Could be this too maybe. Although when locked its firm and no differ in mph and rpm.

Latest posts

Members online