Gearhead MCC dyno numbers?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Mine only did it with KEM and Spartan's tunes. Innovative or Gearhead's didn't give me those issues. I would going to a shop and have them run the Ford software (?) to see if it is the tune causing the issue or if the trucks cpu is commanding it. At least then you will know what is causing it and see if it can be fixed.

Gearhead

Reaction score
If the converter can't relock fast enough after the upshifts because it is on it's way out, the computer will not let the converter try to relock to "save" it.

Csilva187

Reaction score
I'll have to pay more attention. Thing is anything else it does just fine. Just that kinda on it kinda not throttle it'll act strange. But I'll pay more attention defiantly now.

Csilva187

Reaction score
Ok fellers I'm pretty sure my converter is weak. Even if I just tune down to Matt's MCC "stock" tune my converter locks in third and stays locked at that 50-70% throttle area. If I turn it back up I get that ****y unlock in 5th then lock back up into overdrive. Thoughts? Appreciate the help again Matt, Erik, and all others!

strokinKR

Reaction score
I've been running on the street setting myself. I'm not studded yet which is my main concern. Anybody else ever have there rig lockup then unlock to about 60-70 or so then lock back up into overdrive? Only seems to do this at about half pedal area? It puckers me pretty good when it does this. Forgive me fellers I'm a newb, I'll admit it right now.

My truck is doing all the same unlock and lock stuff. It drives me crazy. Also at freeway speeds if I floor it it will go down to 4th but the tc wont lock until 5th. New suncoast clutches new rcd tc.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
My truck is doing all the same unlock and lock stuff. It drives me crazy. Also at freeway speeds if I floor it it will go down to 4th but the tc wont lock until 5th. New suncoast clutches new rcd tc.

Mine acts funny sometimes also at half ish throttle and it scares me. It also drops into 4th unlocked on highway if I floor it and I think it should drop to 4th locked. Maybe some bugs needs worked out.

Gearhead

Reaction score
The truck is seeing too much converter slip and not allowing lockup in those situations. There is a parameter buried deep in there and nobody has dug it out yet to give to us tuners.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.