Got a new project

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Yeah i'm going to check. I can't imagine them being much different tho since i'm taking such s small specific area but I will check them. I'm also going to compare to stock

Not to scare you - but I once had a brand new set of 7.3 pistons where 7 of them were all within 2 grams of each other - and then one was 8 grams lighter than the lightest - this was right out of the box and unmolested. It just goes to show that you never know.

White_monster

Reaction score
:whs: Dustin one if my pistons was 7grams off the others. The rods are not consistent either, nor were my Carrillo's either, but get it balanced. I set my rotating assembly up so that each rod/piston assembly on each throw of the crank are within 1 gram of each other or better.

Kind

Reaction score
Non of my new parts will be run until balanced. Just seems like common sense to me, no matter how good the machining process is.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Got my crew cab motor apart today rest of the pistons are cut. Going to weigh everything tomorrow and make sure its all good there.

Rod bearings looked pretty good for 44k miles of abuse
ae2dc864-49b8-ceca.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah basically the courtesy truck got the motor and Trans yanked and put in the black truck...been running great Dpf and all lol.

Hoping to have the heads on by the end of the week so I can have the turbos on and dual fuelers back on this weekend. Got a pipe I want to re do in aluminum thanks to mike.

Ordered a cheap Ebay grill today got a front bumper and air to air lined out. Hoping to have her running for the dyno and sled pull in casper the 21st of July

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Looks good Dustin can't wait to see this set up in a single cab...you're ahead of me that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm getting closer. Heads are on and torqued to a high value lol.

Started stacking parts and somewhere along the way I lost the rocker box bolts so I didn't get the right side all the way together just yet after that turbos and piping and set the cab down.

Holiday weekend might slow me down a bit but i.would like to have the cab down next weekend

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You blow smoke and do burn outs all over that town, I have seen you and Mike. LOL It will be exciting to see what the security truck can do.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its probably going to hit the streets with the stickers on the bed and stock wheels and tires LOL, cant burn my 22s up too fast, gotta get all that out of my system first LOL

Ill post some pics of the grill and stuff in the next few days, not sure when i get work on it again but im itching bad to get it done.

Latest posts

Members online