Got a new project

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You probably don't want it this low. I have no bump stop and the axle hits the frame.on big bumps . I'm trying to work on a progressive pump stop that isn't very tall. Just got too many things going on but it's just cut front coils from my crew cab chopped an additional 1/2 turn no rear block and the main overload removed. I need to take one more leaf out of the back and put shocks on it all the way around

davey99ps

Reaction score
I remember seeing bumpstops that desert racers were using, basically looks like a cylinder with a plunger on 1 end. I forget if they were air or nitrogen charged, but they were adjustable so as it started to compress it was soft but got progressively harder so you couldn't bottom them out. They were right around 8-10" long, not sure where you get them, but seem like they'd work good in your situation

Red_93_L

Reaction score
Mine with no spare or tailgate and a 1/4 tank of fuel weighs 7240 with me in it. I've weighed a couple different times and it's came out the same.

fatsix

Reaction score
You probably don't want it this low. I have no bump stop and the axle hits the frame.on big bumps . I'm trying to work on a progressive pump stop that isn't very tall. Just got too many things going on but it's just cut front coils from my crew cab chopped an additional 1/2 turn no rear block and the main overload removed. I need to take one more leaf out of the back and put shocks on it all the way around

AeonAnim.gif

Maybe something simple like this? You need to have 2-3" space tho.
aeon-rectangular.gif

http://www.timbren.com/aeon-rubber-springs.htm

aeon-single-convolution.gif

or you have the nitrogen bump stops mentioned above.
pro_comp_nitrogen_bump_stop.jpg

I've also seen some made with valve springs inside, instead of air. This was on lighter weight jeeps tho.

Last edited:

davey99ps

Reaction score
The bump stops I was talking about are the last 1s pictured in fastsix's msg. I thought of those because of the different options you have for mounting them.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
There are shorter bumpstops too. I think I saw king had like some 2" stops. I was already thinking about them when thinking about lowering a truck. You could just play with the nitrogen pressure until you get them how you like.

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Mine with no spare or tailgate and a 1/4 tank of fuel weighs 7240 with me in it. I've weighed a couple different times and it's came out the same.

That's crazy! I never would have thought it was that heavy. I got my truck within 400 lbs of yours last year. Lol

Dustball8504

Reaction score
That's crazy! I never would have thought it was that heavy. I got my truck within 400 lbs of yours last year. Lol

How? I had mine down to 7875 at my local fair a few weeks ago with me in it, less than 1/4 tank, no spare, no tailgate and no rear sear tray. I know you run BMF wheels, what do they weigh by chance?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
How? I had mine down to 7875 at my local fair a few weeks ago with me in it, less than 1/4 tank, no spare, no tailgate and no rear sear tray. I know you run BMF wheels, what do they weigh by chance?

7620 with less than an 1/8th tank. No spare, no tailgate, no receiver hitch, lighter front springs, no rear block, Proxes, and the 20x9 Novakane's. I weigh 205 lbs and I didn't have any excess weight in the cab other than the few things in my center console. This was on a certified scale at a stone company.

I have no clue what the wheels weigh. They're definitely lighter than stock.

Red_93_L

Reaction score
7620 with less than an 1/8th tank. No spare, no tailgate, no receiver hitch, lighter front springs, no rear block, Proxes, and the 20x9 Novakane's. I weigh 205 lbs and I didn't have any excess weight in the cab other than the few things in my center console. This was on a certified scale at a stone company.

I saw when you posted you got it down to that weight, thats light for sure. Do you have any idea what the receiver hitch weighs?

Dustball8504

Reaction score

What's interesting is that my truck weighed 8000 with me in it the way I just described it one both certified scales at the local stone company and I literally drove 5 miles up the road to the fair and weighed 7875 on theirs lol.

fatsix

Reaction score
The bump stops I was talking about are the last 1s pictured in fastsix's msg. I thought of those because of the different options you have for mounting them.

I'd try the the collapsible air filled rubber ones first. How much room do you have before the pumpkin or axle tubes start hitting the cross member and frame?

Make a bump stop out of an old set of shocks.

IMG_0265.jpg
DSC00385.jpg

DSC00386.jpg
DSC00387.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

Latest posts

Members online