how many

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i want to make sure anyone interested in buying is cool with this set up before i make more cords, no point in making them if people dont want them, data logging works fine but play back pretty much calls for a lap top to read easier, dashdaq gives graphs with no values

mine reads negative at idle. i need the basic input numbers again to try and get it right.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
mine reads negative at idle. i need the basic input numbers again to try and get it right.

im going to make you a new cord and trade you i think i know why yours doesnt read the same, but yes your basic number are off, ill set everyone up with a good set of instructions to email you so install is as easy as possible.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
So in those fiine videos, the one with the gauges I figure the two dials on the left are the boost levels? And the numeric ones are the ones in the upper left? It looks good, need to stop laying on Mikes lap when taking the video. That sideways stuff sucks. :eek:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ill try another camera I didn't realize it was sideways till I uploaded them.

I was driving when I did it lol

Erikclaw

Reaction score
NP. I understand what you were saying about the numbers fluctuating since it reads in tenths. Would be annoying every day but I prefer the gauge.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
NP. I understand what you were saying about the numbers fluctuating since it reads in tenths. Would be annoying every day but I prefer the gauge.

If thats how you want to run them then there is no issues with it. You still want one erik?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yes indeed Dustin. Since it looks like my truck is FINALLY on the road after this weekend, I want to tune those HP's and this should really help.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I just installed one on boomersooners truck. Took less than an hour to install and it works great. The gauge does flicker slightly when in the digital setup but honestly its nothing to worry about. The whole number stays solid and thats all I care about. When in the gauge setup there is no flicker at all.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Did some talking with mike tonight and Mal's truck seams to be working so well that he took the mechanical guages out of the truck as the expansion cable is allowing to basically replace them now... i like that :D

Also we noticed that somewhere after 50psi of boost the factory computer gets somewhat skewed as far as numbers go, we were seeing about 57psi of boost total from the guages, and the dash daq where the factory MGP was reading about 4-5 psi lower than actual boost, so i think all and all its going to work great, shone and erik im making yours tonight to ship out tomorrow.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Sounds good. So anytime we are making over 50 or so psi in actuality we were boosting higher cause the factory MGP probably isn't calibrated to read that high accurately? Looking forward to getting this on and then figuring out how to use it, LOL

jdgleason

Reaction score
Thats sweet. I will have one of these as soon as I start buying go fast parts! Trick setup man! Cool to see something you designed work so well!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Right I think even after about 40 psi the numbers are a little off it just gets worse. Then the factory map cuts off at 60 psi total.

Erik I'm making a good set of instructions once they are done ill ship yours out (monday)

mike@haller's

Reaction score
On mals truck the dasdaq and his mechanical gauges never quite matched. After installing dustins boost harness the mechanicals and the dash daq are identical, since the signals arent running through the computer. So the mechanicals came out to help unclutter the interior.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Right I think even after about 40 psi the numbers are a little off it just gets worse. Then the factory map cuts off at 60 psi total.

Erik I'm making a good set of instructions once they are done ill ship yours out (monday)

Sounds good. I'm sure the instructions will be very detailed. If you didn't design this we may have never known the discrepancy between the computer and actual boost. :walkin:

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead. I just wanted to see how these are working out for everybody that got them. How easy was the install into the dashdaq with setting them up?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Easy to instal, some issues but not sure if they are related to Ford sensors or elsewhere. My needle jumps around for the lp turbo reading. Haven't tried switching the sensors since truck not running.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
mine after some tweaking works absolutely perfect, and with the new setup, i get an accurate reading on the mgp gauge. great fit, nice job dustin.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
mine after some tweaking works absolutely perfect, and with the new setup, i get an accurate reading on the mgp gauge. great fit, nice job dustin.

That is good to hear. Didn't know you got it figured out.

I know you will Dustin, Just get it running again, I will be happy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.