how many

Dzchey21

Reaction score
just thought i would update

Sorry things are taking so long...

Finally tracked down all the connectors, and had them shipped, then i needed the right crimp tool, got that, hooked everything up, got the new map sensor reading nice and smooth, i dig it.

Tapped into the factory map, and tried to get a reading from that, signal is really bouncy and hard to read... really hard to read im trying to figure out a fix and so far twisting the wires together doesnt help. Its like the dashdaq samples too fast for what the voltage is doing, bad part is the voltage is pretty steady on the screen so its really hard to figure out. calling drewtech on monday.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I had a little idea last night that I'm going to try today. I was using a new map sensor to test the harness for running off the factory map and it seemed smooth yesterday so I'm going to check it again and make sure my factory map sensor isn't the one causing the readings to jump so fast.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Maybe running two factory map's if that is possible.

well there is already a map sensor there, im trying to utilize it and make it simpler and more cost effective, i dont want people to have to plumb in another sensor if i can help it, im sending one with mals truck this weekend to see how it reacts to the sensors, and datalogging.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I understood it as you were running a aftermarket and a factory and that was possibly causing the fluctuating readings. Never mind. :fustrate:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
no the map sensor im sending is the factory 6.4 map sensor, so getting parts is easy and cheap and if you have any issues with the factory map you could swap it with the low pressure map to get you by

Dzchey21

Reaction score
well i cant seem to get it figured out with reading the factory map, so i think the only option is going to be adding an additional map sensor which will make the cost a little higher, mike haller is going to try one on mals truck tomorrow and see how it reacts but i dont think its going to do all that great honestly

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Mike tried it today and says it works great, and it does, if you can pay attention to the boost numbers in the single digits

If your like me and read the whole number including tenths of psi of boost, its gunna bother you, what im going to do is get a vid of it on mine and mals truck this weekend and post them on youtube and let you guys decide on what to do from here, i want everyone to be happy

If your like me and run the gauge set up like a regular mechanical guauge you will never notice the fluctuation. Like i said vids will help with the explination and the feed back from you guys.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
ok here we go, i couldnt get very good vids but here is what im working with and showing you guys what is going on with the fast display

Here is the digital guage that shows the flicker, cant seam to get rid of it as the dashdaq is too sensitive.

Sorry that they vids are sideways, my bad LOL

this is sitting with the key on engine off

http://youtu.be/OrN0GGv9wng

here is a regular sweeping guage, just light acceleration total boost on the left, map in the middle, low pressure on the right

http://youtu.be/4UkV6hri7h8

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i want to make sure anyone interested in buying is cool with this set up before i make more cords, no point in making them if people dont want them, data logging works fine but play back pretty much calls for a lap top to read easier, dashdaq gives graphs with no values

Latest posts

Members online