how many

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Lol. I know I have a 100psi map sensor for my boost controller but they are pricey. See what your findings are thou. We can go from there. Talk is cheap but hard results are the best.

well i know for a fact that the MAP sensor i ordered reads 80psi of guage pressure, so unless im missing a sensor, the computer has to be limiting it some how.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
There really isnt a good place to tap in for a sensor reading on the stock turbos except in the little jumper pipe between the turbos, if your willing to take that off and weld a fitting on then it will work fine, we are going to set up a stock truck just to see what the stock turbos do as far as boost pressures between stages

Couldn't I do it in the U shaped pipe?

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
You could. I think the aluminum crossover pipe would hold the sensor and give more room.

Hum, well I will look into to it more later tomorow. I am taking the cab off for some stuff next week so now might be a good time to weld in a bung for this. Kinda want to see what the stock turbos are doing before going tow or high powers.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
ok, so i checked it and MAP does max out at 37 for whatever reason, but manifold guage pressure reads all the way to 60 psi, but i dont feel its accurate by what i found on my regulator, it looks to read about 5 psi low @ 60 psi

Dzchey21

Reaction score
it gets worse the higher the pressure, like at 35, its 37 ect,

MGP is calculated off the map sensor like i thought it was, it was weird when i would change the settings on the regulator the guage sensor would read zero untill i reset the codes, it didnt like that it wasnt running when i made the changes i think, kept throwing a map/baro correlation code.

But anyway looks like if anyone is shooting for over 60psi of boost then you need a dual sensor set up

Dzchey21

Reaction score
ok so the plan is to try and set one up on a truck by the end of the week, if everything goes well im going to order more parts to make it happen but i really want to try it on a truck before i ship them out of the country

Dzchey21

Reaction score
just got a call from drew tech, they just now shipped the cords out, i think ill have them friday, so that will give me time to set up this local truck and make sure everything works, ill keep everyone posted, hes got mechanical gauges so it will be good to watch both and see how they are working.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
just got a call from drew tech, they just now shipped the cords out, i think ill have them friday, so that will give me time to set up this local truck and make sure everything works, ill keep everyone posted, hes got mechanical gauges so it will be good to watch both and see how they are working.

That means you will get them Mon. :mad:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
according to the packing slip friday but we will see, im also looking into making a harness that just taps into the factory map sensor and robs the signal off of that and seeing how that works, should save about 40 bucks if i can make it work for the guys that want a dual set up

Dzchey21

Reaction score
cords showed up but im having a hell of a time getting the connector on the map sensor, either they are 50 bucks or they dont stock them, cheapest i found was 10 bucks for one connector, still working on that so it might be awhile and the kits now, or i might have to find a different map sensor to use

Latest posts

Members online