How to color match grille?

Seand717

Reaction score
Sand blast or sand with dual action and 60 grit. Going to go buy one or the other tomorrow and get this done!

ftast350

Reaction score
Got the grille done, just needs a buff. Next is the headlights and front bumper!
1cfd58071343a30292c8af7a8035cdfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Seand717

Reaction score
Also is everybody painting their grilles while it's still together or are yall pulling off the surround and bars and everything to paint

ftast350

Reaction score
Pull it apart. It's pretty easy with a flat blade screwdriver, a pair of side cutters and a 10mm socket. You have to cut some plastic rivets along the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
The best way to paint over chrome is to give it a light sand blast , epoxy primer then color coats. Adhesion promotors will work well too on CLEAN and PROPERLY prepped chrome. I would not use self etching over and adhesion promotor. To many single component sub straits will cause it to chip easier. Epoxy or even a 2k urethane primer/sealer would be all you need before color coats when using the promotors.
As for heat effecting the paint on the grille. I call Bullchit. It will not be effected IF it's prepped right.
67b9d7dc4bd08f456f4830bc9dd59970.jpg

This is a 14 grille shell that was chrome. Hell...even the center section is tinted and cleared over with just a promotor. No issues and it's got over 20k for miles out here In the desert and it's seen some HOT azz temps too.

what did u u se the tint the chrome that looks badass

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.