HUGE 6.4L build project complete

RSK

Reaction score
try running it at sea level, and seeing what it does there. 12.3 is still pretty damn fast for something that's almost 9000lbs looks like you are on 35's too, that doesn't help anything, put a set of 33's on it or even stock size tires and you'll probably be in the 11's at elevation.

buck russell

Reaction score
Super legit build. Your time and consideration for the components definitely shows!

I'm still not super thrilled on the BPD half kit. As much as I want to run their kit, I realy don't like the oil filter location. That oil cooler core looks meaty as hell though!

dmkolb

Reaction score
Ok I'm finding a few online calculators for determing RWHP. Both of these are showing over 850 RWHP?

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

http://users.erols.com/dmapes/PWRCLC.HTM

Am I looking at these wrong? What's everyones opinion? 12.38 1/4 time. Truck weighs 8600lbs with me in it. 109.27 MPH.

What are you all using to figure the lower RWHP? Just trying to figure this all out. I have local guys who race diesel trucks say one thing and people online saying another. Figure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

gman1

Reaction score
Right at the top of the page, right hand side. It says HP calculator. Click on it and enter your numbers.

dmkolb

Reaction score
Well I guess I'm trying to figure out what makes this one correct and the others wrong or vis versa.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

It's not 850. These calculators are by far the most effective. And just an FYI , we use trap speed not et ... Et is incredibly wrong , even on our calculators. I say go Dyno it , but you may be even more hurt by the number you get. My green truck , back in 09' weighed 8000 with me in it , ran 12.30 @ 110 , Dyno said 707 ... Calculator here said 710.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I agree with what has been said. There is no way a truck with stock housing chargers is making 900, or probably even 800hp, especially with 30% nozzles. Take a look at all of these trucks with 66/88mm set ups with 100% nozzles, most make mid to high 900s. Stock housing chargers do not flow enough to support it

MorganY

Reaction score
Nice build. Is it possible to secure your oil feed/supply line onto something else other than a hp fuel line? You've got a lot of money under that hood. Would hate for that fuel line and zip tie to rub through

Last edited:

dmkolb

Reaction score
RCD's 59/75 setup has hit over 800

Ya Morgan Primm made 810 rwhp with basically the same setup but mine has fully ported heads, stage 1 cam, and stage 3 intake manifold. Theirs also used 30% over injectors. So I'm beyond confused how I could possibly make less.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ya Morgan Primm made 810 rwhp with basically the same setup but mine has fully ported heads, stage 1 cam, and stage 3 intake manifold. Theirs also used 30% over injectors. So I'm beyond confused how I could possibly make less.

because every truck is different ! I didn't make that much with more fuel and bigger turbos. its pretty hard to flat compare something. with 100's, and 62/76 bb turbos I only made 750 . too many variables.

Reaction score
In the end, it's all just a number.

Derek, I'm sure your truck flat runs for a huge heavy truck. I wouldn't get too worried about a number. The truck we had made 822. Would it run any faster in the 1/4? Probably not. Yours may very well dyno more hp. Then again it could dyno less. It doesn't really matter too much. The thing is stout. Probably as stout as any truck like it. Don't get too hung up on it.

dmkolb

Reaction score
Ya Morgan I agree. Like I said before it's hard not to get stuck on the numbers but we are going to dyno in the next couple weeks so we'll see how that comes out. We still need to set up the wastegate a little better. It might be opening a little early and I could be alosing a little power from that. I also want to run the truck in Seattle at sea level and when it's cooler than 100 degrees at the track. I think we could shave off .03 seconds and get to that 11 second mark I wanted to hit. If we can do that then the calculator on this forum shows we'd be over 800 at the wheels. I think that's do able and I live at sea level so it would be a better test than running it at higher elevation and higher temps than I see where I live. Honestly I just want to be able to say I have an 11 second truck. The hell with the numbers. Hopefully we'll hit that mark later this year. If not maybe for Christmas I'll get a nitrous kit. One way or another I'm getting this truck into the 11s damn it. ;)

B585Ford

Reaction score
Ya Morgan I agree. Like I said before it's hard not to get stuck on the numbers but we are going to dyno in the next couple weeks so we'll see how that comes out. We still need to set up the wastegate a little better. It might be opening a little early and I could be alosing a little power from that. I also want to run the truck in Seattle at sea level and when it's cooler than 100 degrees at the track. I think we could shave off .03 seconds and get to that 11 second mark I wanted to hit. If we can do that then the calculator on this forum shows we'd be over 800 at the wheels. I think that's do able and I live at sea level so it would be a better test than running it at higher elevation and higher temps than I see where I live. Honestly I just want to be able to say I have an 11 second truck. The hell with the numbers. Hopefully we'll hit that mark later this year. If not maybe for Christmas I'll get a nitrous kit. One way or another I'm getting this truck into the 11s damn it. ;)

Thatta boy

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.