Idi turbo vs. Psd

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
I used to think that he was a tard, but he has proven himself, more than once, go checkout the vids he posted, you can't tell me that's not impressive.

And I never said power out of an IDI was cheap or easy, but to say "they can't handle the power" is total bullsh*t.

I am not impressed.

400hp is not "power" by any means

If you have to girdle and fill a block in order for it to hold ~ 500 hp...... come on man, remove your head from your azz

MAC

Reaction score
I am not impressed.

400hp is not "power" by any means

If you have to girdle and fill a block in order for it to hold ~ 500 hp...... come on man, remove your head from your azz

And once again!

I NEVER said you had to fill and girdle a block to hold 500HP!

In fact, NO ONE on this site knows at exactly what power level the IDI engine starts to fail, and please if you refer to that 1200HP Hypermax unicorn, I would suggest you go wrap your lips around the biggest dick you can fine, because you sir are a c*ck sucker!

400HP out of a 170HP turd is "power" stop trying to act so smug.

MAC

Reaction score
Ignorance is trying to sell someone a truck with non working front brakes, and expecting them to drive it 2 hours home.

boom-goes-the-dynamite-bria.jpg

Do I need to say it??

MINK

Reaction score
And once again!

I NEVER said you had to fill and girdle a block to hold 500HP!

In fact, NO ONE on this site knows at exactly what power level the IDI engine starts to fail, and please if you refer to that 1200HP Hypermax unicorn, I would suggest you go wrap your lips around the biggest dick you can fine, because you sir are a c*ck sucker!

400HP out of a 170HP turd is "power" stop trying to act so smug.

Really? 400hp was cool back .........well never - stop arguing something so gay.

MAC

Reaction score
Really? 400hp was cool back .........well never - stop arguing something so gay.

400HP out of something everyone said would never make 400HP??

Yeah, that's pretty cool.

I'm sorry if that doesn't impress you "tuners"

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Again, the question is not "can you", it is "should you". I could make a 400 hp single cylinder gas motor if I had lots of time and money on my hands. There is a reason that direct injection came around.

MAC

Reaction score
No, the question was "can you" and a few people said "No, the block is too weak"

There is no argument about what "should" and "shouldn't" be done, cause lets face it, NO ONE on this site NEEDS and 700HP work truck!

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
bragging about having a 400hp IDI is like being the smartest kid with down's syndrome...... but that still isnt going to get you into Harvard.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Have to agree with the idi guys here. If you want to do it, even if its a.waste of $ and time cause u could have the same from a tuned 6.4, do it. Like all the guys swaping 12vs into things. They criticized me for wanting to put a 3116 cat into my highboy because it would be cheaper to make 12v power. It's not weather you should or can, its weather you want to. If you don't want to then shut your mouth and forget about it , its not your project .

autocorrected by taptalk

NMB2

Reaction score
bragging about having a 400hp IDI is like being the smartest kid with down's syndrome...... but that still isnt going to get you into Harvard.

I feel the same about guys with 7.3's and 6.0s.....

NMB2

Reaction score
NO ONE on this site NEEDS and 700HP work truck!

No one on this site has a 700hp work truck anyways.... last I checked there were only about 7 or 8 PSD's over 700hp on fuel anyways.... when they can get it to make a track or dyno pass.

NMB2

Reaction score
here is the thing. The level of misinformation about my IDI, and IDI's in general in here is ridiculous.

Fact of the matter is, myself, and several others can make an IDI run with a 7.3 and 6.0 any day, in the same price range.

my 400hp IDI is limited by fuel right now. I could pull injection pump off, put it on a stand, turn up the output, and be sitting much closer to 500rwhp. I would be on borrowed time on rods, but I can do it.

On top of that, IDI's dont' need as much power as superduties to run the same times, because they are 1500-2000lbs lighter ;)

bad12jr

Reaction score
My 96 makes 300 horse with a free set of a ad's and a $300 termy t500. And 500 ftlbs of torque. So for under a grand I added 110 HP to the wheels seems alot cheaper. I had an idi. I know how it ran. I had a Turbo pump and injectors maxed making 15 lbs of boost. My stock aa's would walk all over it. Was a great durable truck but not high HP. If you wanna drop a lot of time and money into something go for it. Your time and money do what you want just expressing my opinion.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Latest posts

Members online