Idi turbo vs. Psd

NMB2

Reaction score
My 96 makes 300 horse with a free set of a ad's and a $300 termy t500. And 500 ftlbs of torque. So for under a grand I added 110 HP to the wheels seems alot cheaper. I had an idi. I know how it ran. I had a Turbo pump and injectors maxed making 15 lbs of boost. My stock aa's would walk all over it. Was a great durable truck but not high HP. If you wanna drop a lot of time and money into something go for it. Your time and money do what you want just expressing my opinion.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

You are so clueless.....

spending money on a 7.3 psd is no more "smart" than spending money on an IDI.

2 years ago before we had these new injection pumps and turbos... sure, 200hp/450tq was the highest we seen.... now a 350+hp IDI is a cookie cutter that can be built for less than $3,000

NMB2

Reaction score
2002 F250 sport sclb 144000 miles
BTS, 160cc stage 1's, studs, billet rods, banks ic, adrenaline Hpop, RR,
Van Turbo w/ ATS housing, AFE stage 2, 5" Turbo back, Gearhead tunes
15.27 @ 85mph

WTF?

you realize my dinosaur, waste of time IDI beats your truck by a full second, with a 5spd, right?

Last edited:

bad12jr

Reaction score
What's your truck run in the quarter?
The 02 makes 380 horse and 650 ftlbs and weighs 8000 lbs. I'm not dogging your truck but the reliability of a 400 HP idi is not near what a psd is. I'm glad to see a idi up there but it's not cookie cutter. Cookie cutter is something easily repeatable and a reliable high HP idi is not at that point yet. Put another 100000 on that setup and ill agree.
The guy asked for opinions and I gave mine. I don't understand why you have to take such offense to it when someone points out obvious flaws of the motor.

Last edited:

NMB2

Reaction score
What's your truck run in the quarter?
The 02 makes 380 horse and 650 ftlbs and weighs 8000 lbs. I'm not dogging your truck but the reliability of a 400 HP idi is not near what a psd is. I'm glad to see a idi up there but it's not cookie cutter. Cookie cutter is something easily repeatable and a reliable high HP idi is not at that point yet. Put another 100000 on that setup and ill agree.
The guy asked for opinions and I gave mine. I don't understand why you have to take such offense to it when someone points out obvious flaws of the motor.

I ran a 14.05 @ 94mph. My IDI is every bit as reliable as your PSD, and it is 100% repeatable, with any IDI.

I have an issue because of blow hard PSD guys running their mouths about stuff they don't know.... you have pointed out no obvious flaws of the IDI, you have pointed out the obvious ignorance of yourself.

NMB2

Reaction score
Why so hostile? Every. Damn. Time.

Have you read the 4 pages prior to me coming in?

I'm not hostile, I just wont let you guys spout off BS. PSD guys are famous for that. Its like all of you have short mans syndrome.... falsified info about other platforms, Inflated dyno numbers, and invisible weight......:ford:

Last edited:

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
NMB2, you talk about the cost you have into your truck and how cheap it is. What about the guys who don't have the fab skills you do? You always compared to PSD guys about $ spent, when doing that it always seemed you did it by buying complete kits compared to stuff you built.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
People just need to let it go......

I did and dont really care what the guys do with an idi, yeah the numbers are impressive but at the end of the day I will still choose my psd.

Whats all the arguing gonna solve? NOTHING. So just let the IDI guys do what they are doing....

NMB2

Reaction score
NMB2, you talk about the cost you have into your truck and how cheap it is. What about the guys who don't have the fab skills you do? You always compared to PSD guys about $ spent, when doing that it always seemed you did it by buying complete kits compared to stuff you built.

Early on this was the case, and I agree... but not anymore.

Not myself, but the "other justin" has started an IDI performance company. Bolt on S300 series charger kits, DB4 pumps, camshafts, machine work, studs... ect. Complete kits can be bought, for reasonable prices now... not everyone has to fabricate like I did. The playing field is fairly level at this point.

People just need to let it go......

I did and dont really care what the guys do with an idi, yeah the numbers are impressive but at the end of the day I will still choose my psd.

Whats all the arguing gonna solve? NOTHING. So just let the IDI guys do what they are doing....

Thank you Rob. I found this forum from people linking me over from PSN to this thread.... I could care less if you want an IDI or not, or a PSD.... The 7.3 isn't a bad engine but to claim the 7.3 is sooo superior, and to post about all of these flaws the IDI has is just rubbish, and its not true. I wish I could just let it go, but it irritates the every living crap out of me, especially when I'm brought up.

Let it go.... everyone is so concerned with what the IDI guys are doing, I don't understand it.

Last edited:

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Have you read the 4 pages prior to me coming in?

I'm not hostile, I just wont let you guys spout off BS. PSD guys are famous for that. Its like all of you have short mans syndrome.... falsified info about other platforms, Inflated dyno numbers, and invisible weight......:ford:

You are mistaken if you are going to call me a "PSD" guy or think that I don't know about the IDI platform. Go check out my build and get back with me on that..... I like my IDIs, I like my 7.3s, and I like my 6.4 company truck... all for different reasons.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Early on this was the case, and I agree... but not anymore.

Not myself, but the "other justin" has started an IDI performance company. Bolt on S300 series charger kits, DB4 pumps, camshafts, machine work, studs... ect. Complete kits can be bought, for reasonable prices now... not everyone has to fabricate like I did.

Thank you Rob. I found this forum from people linking me over from PSN to this thread.... I could care less if you want an IDI or not, or a PSD.... but to claim the 7.3 is sooo superior, and to post about all of these flaws the IDI has is just rubbish. I wish I could just let it go, but it irritates the every living crap out of me, especially when I'm brought up.

Let it go.... everyone is so concerned with what the IDI guys are doing, I don't understand it.

Us 7.3psd guys have to deal with the ones who are able to throw a "tuner" on their truck and have instant power so I guess we have to take it out on the idi guys.

NMB2

Reaction score
Us 7.3psd guys have to deal with the ones who are able to throw a "tuner" on their truck and have instant power so I guess we have to take it out on the idi guys.

I know thats what it is! lol Sh*t rolls down hill.

I guess I'm a sell out now though. I bought a 6.7 long block to replace the IDI.

Jason

Reaction score
Bunch of ***'n waterheads in here. Arguing about your 400hp 14 and 15 second trucks, how badass your idi is, or how badass a chipped 7.3 with a set of stage 1's is. One guy did a shiiiit ton of fab work himself, that if he had to order those parts from a vendor, would cost 2-3 times what it cost him. So arguments about how cheap he did it are null and void. BUT, it doesnt matter how much hp it makes, you idi nutswingers are bragging about trucks, that at the very newest, are 18 years old. Nobody cares how much hp your clapped out homebuilt tractor makes, nobody cares about a 380whp 15 second truck. That was all great and moderately impressive 15 years ago, now, there are four door family cars that make over 400hp, and run 12's STOCK, and get excellent fuel mileage doing it.

This is what happens I guess, when a bunch of hillbillies with old busted pos' start pulling their cawks out, to see who's is bigger, or who's sister gives the best gum jobs.

Btw- a girdle will NOT keep your block from splitting...it will only keep all the internals inside, so you're just stuck cleaning up all the oil and coolant.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
First thing. Truth is IDI's suck, did suck, and will always suck COMPARED to DI diesel engines. Thats a fact. Regardless its cool to see idi's pushing the limits of what indirect injection is capable of.

Second...im still really confused be the fact that this NMB2 guy thinks theres only 7 or 8 PSD's over 700hp...and only a few 6.4s over 700hp....uhm, newsflash, theres ALOT. LOL :doh: :pointlaugh: :slap: :morons: :eek:wned:

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
No telling, but Im sure your homoerotic thoughts have drug me into them, in some form or fashion. Everybody knows your gay with your touting about how kickass that old heap of yours is. How many times did it shat the bed before you made a dyno pull? Id hate to see your definition of reliable.

You're also the cawk ucker who got pissed at his little group ofbsheeple who when you didnt make the dyni, decided to stay and enjoy the festivities and be social and have fun...not stop what they were doing to find you, to deal with your problems. Talk about a self centered attention whoring "ME ME ME!!" screaming little cu nt.

Latest posts

Members online