injector capability, tuning stand point

under pressure

Reaction score
I seen a (stg1 ) 180 /stock nozzle and was wondering how it would work from a tuning stand point,

would it hold higher icp
Require more pw to make power.

What power would be expected ?

Charles

Reaction score
Basically pointless. Tuning would require nothing, as the nozzle is stock, with even more fuel that can't get out in a meaningful timeframe.

Why add more capacity to a nozzle already too small for power? On the other hand, adding a nozzle to a stock injector will make good power.

dustinz85

Reaction score
Basically pointless. Tuning would require nothing, as the nozzle is stock, with even more fuel that can't get out in a meaningful timeframe.

Why add more capacity to a nozzle already too small for power? On the other hand, adding a nozzle to a stock injector will make good power.

:whs: you need a bigger nozzle to get more fuel out, you only have a certain amount of time to get the fuel into the cylinder, milliseconds to be exact. you could have 400cc injector with a stock nozzle and you arent going to get more fuel delivered in the correct amount of time.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yup, you would have to lengthen the PW in order to get the fuel out which would cause more ICP use, more timing, more smoke and higher EGT's...

I would prefer to see at least a 100% nozzle on anything larger then AC's. Even AC's are slick as hell with 100% nozzles.

Charles

Reaction score
Yup, you would have to lengthen the PW in order to get the fuel out which would cause more ICP use, more timing, more smoke and higher EGT's...

I would prefer to see at least a 100% nozzle on anything larger then AC's. Even AC's are slick as hell with 100% nozzles.

You might laugh... but I would rock a 200 EDM on an AD if that's all the displacement I could get...

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
We are completely emptying 170cc of fuel with a 30% nozzle all the way to 2500 RPM's. After that you will begin to drop your output slightly. After 3000RPM you will drop big time. But to me and what I recommend to alot of customers, if you are wanting something with a higher rpm output you are really looking for something in the hybrid market. And your primary concerns are not towing and temps.

We have dropped our stg 2 sales(160cc/80%) dramaticly since we moved to offering our stg 1 injectors with the 30% nozzle. Its nearly the same output #'s per time as our 2's but at a hefty savings.

neverkickn

Reaction score
We are completely emptying 170cc of fuel with a 30% nozzle all the way to 2500 RPM's. After that you will begin to drop your output slightly. After 3000RPM you will drop big time. But to me and what I recommend to alot of customers, if you are wanting something with a higher rpm output you are really looking for something in the hybrid market. And your primary concerns are not towing and temps.

We have dropped our stg 2 sales(160cc/80%) dramaticly since we moved to offering our stg 1 injectors with the 30% nozzle. Its nearly the same output #'s per time as our 2's but at a hefty savings.

Whats the difference in your stage one vs your stage two, other than nozzle.

Petro

Reaction score

Would there be noticeable power difference putting a larger nozzle on a stock injector? Would there be a higher peak power number or just better drivability all the was around?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Whats the difference in your stage one vs your stage two, other than nozzle.

30% nozzle verses 80%. They both get the same internal mods.

Injectors are all just a fuel verses time game.

You have a certain amount of pulse width available at 2500rpm. We build our "more street friendly" injectors to fully empty in this time frame. Not many guys really spend much time above this for extended periods of time. If you do we have something for you too:thumbsup:

under pressure

Reaction score
30% nozzle verses 80%. They both get the same internal mods.

Injectors are all just a fuel verses time game.

You have a certain amount of pulse width available at 2500rpm. We build our "more street friendly" injectors to fully empty in this time frame. Not many guys really spend much time above this for extended periods of time. If you do we have something for you too:thumbsup:

Interesting, would you no the icp difference between the two at 2500, or flow chart ?

under pressure

Reaction score
The smaller the nozzle the more forgiving injectors are towards the hpo system.

I thought it was the other way around ? Or is that dependent on CCs of fuel.

In your professional opinion, whats the best nozzle for a stock hpop in this regard ?
Given standard nozzles of 30/80/100
160/? 180/? 200/?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
I thought it was the other way around ? Or is that dependent on CCs of fuel.

In your professional opinion, whats the best nozzle for a stock hpop in this regard ?
Given standard nozzles of 30/80/100
160/? 180/? 200/?

From all those options a 160cc injector with a 30% nozzle would have the best ability to keep your icp up. That is if your 200 is a standard A code injector. If you are referring to a 200cc hybrid then that is the better option.

under pressure

Reaction score
Thanks, im just looking at it for comparisons sake. Sent you a PM too !
*ya, all A codes for comparison as referred to the 200/
Are you making a 170/ ? iirc your draining it at 2500rpm.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Thanks, im just looking at it for comparisons sake. Sent you a PM too !
*ya, all A codes for comparison as referred to the 200/
Are you making a 170/ ? iirc your draining it at 2500rpm.

PM/email replied.

We have just started swithing over to 170cc verses our 160cc sizes. And yes we are still completely emptying that 170cc in the same allowable time at 2500RPM. If we can get that extra 10cc of fuel out, why not do it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Can someone guestimate the power capability of a 175/30 at 2500rpm ?

380-420...guessing based on my experience. I ran stage IIs and with it tuned.the way I liked it, there was 400hp with an 80% nozzle and another.ten or.fifteen with a 100% nozzle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.