Just bought a non running 6.0 project!

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
Mine was wrecked and actually drives better now lol

6.0 is on the road as of today! Cowboy Troy is on his to pick me up In it and go for a drive

Cowboy Troy

Reaction score
The truck drives pretty good. I put about 60 miles on it today and was pretty impressed. But it is far from being done cause i wanna go fast now. lol

Cowboy Troy

Reaction score
UPDATE!!! After putting 300 miles on the truck it has had a bad miss (I think from a bad injector) and the torque converter needs replacing because it shakes you to death after it locks up in overdrive. Today I had been driving it around all day and pulled into the parking lot of a transmission shop to get a quote of a converter and left it idling when I noticed it start to shake real bad and I jumped in it and popped the throttle and nothing happened so I went to back out and when i put it in reverse it died. I tried starting it with no luck so I made some phone calls and tried starting it again and it started so i was barely able to move it to the street and now im waiting on Richard (badkarmaracing) to come pick it up with his works wrecker and take it to the shop. :doh:

Cowboy Troy

Reaction score
You gotta be rich to own a 6OH!! The motor is coming apart today. I still dont know if I should bore it out or get a new motor if the cylinder walls are worn causing the blow by.

Cowboy Troy

Reaction score
Just got a call from my mechanic and the #3 injector took a dump and the #5 injector is starting to go out so im gonna have them pulled out and probably get Warren 150 injectors put in and go from there. Anybody have any issues with those injectors?

java

Reaction score
Damn Troy, that thing is gonna be pretty sweet when you are done with it. My injectors are warren and you know how it runs! Lol

Cowboy Troy

Reaction score
Yeah i'm goin with warren 155cc injectors. There are some Duraturds at TSTC that were messing with me in my 7.3 today but we all know its a pulling truck not a race truck. The 6OH is gonna run pretty good by the time im done with it. :fordoval:

Cowboy Troy

Reaction score
Just ordered ARP studs, Platinum head gaskets, and a EGR delete from Jared at RCD. Then I ordered warren 155cc injectors from Holderdown performance! Also have a new converter on its way. Tear down wont start till next week cause my mechanic is having surgery and this is all gonna be done cab on! :pimp:

Cowboy Troy

Reaction score
The truck is still sitting at the mechanics shop and all he has done with it in two months is pull two injectors. If he doesn't have them all out by the end of the week I'm gonna take the truck to another shop to have it worked on.

Cowboy Troy

Reaction score
0EB-2B5DC27C370D-1493-0000017FE1994270_zps1c123b03.jpg

Pic of the truck today...
I don't know if I could take this thing to another mechanic in the shape its in. I have all of the parts for my mechanic to fix it but he just hasn't messed with it. So this morning I went over there with my tools and started working on it myself.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.