locker or true trac?

Extended Power

Reaction score
I like my Tru Trac...no problems while towing at all.

A locker would be pure hell when turning a corner while towing/loaded.

JMO

windrunner408

Reaction score
It all depends on what you want to do with the truck. Do you have a need for a locker i.e. for offroading?? If so how often do you go offroad? Do you tow more than you go offroad? When you go offroad what type of terrain is it?? I ask all of this because I know most of us drive on pavement A LOT more than anything else and a locker will definitely cause tires to wear out quicker. I would think that a good limited slip would serve you well for just about everything. Now if you go with a selectable locker then you could have the best of both worlds IMO.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I forgot. How much do you tow and is it quite often that you tow and how fast over what type of terrain?? Just tryin to get a good idea of what would suite you best.

Extended Power

Reaction score
My truck never goes off road anymore...I just wanted the back wheels locked when I go in a straight line.

A locker would def be better for OFF Road 4x4 action...no question.

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
i normaly stay on the road, the main reason for putting either a true trac or locker in would be for pulling, with a true trac would both tires be spinning when im hooked to the sled?

windrunner408

Reaction score
I believe the way it works with a LS is that when the driving tire starts to slip/lose traction, power is transferred to the tire that isnt slipping so it will in turn start to pull until it loses traction and slips.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I've got a detroit locker in my rear and never had an issue. I hardly tow, but i have towed with it and it's been awesome.

chappy

Reaction score
I really don't like a locker on the steet. The tru trac would probably fit all your needs but if you need a locker then get a electric locker like theone eaton has.

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
true trac vs stock is this going to make a difference when im sled pulling, sorry for all the questions just want to make sure that im making the right choice

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
I can get you the TrueTrac, Auburns, Ford's TracLoc, Detroits.

Any differential parts you need, ill take care of you man.

I have a lot of guys on here interested in True Tracs, id be interested to see how an auburn would work. Remember with a selectable locker whether electronic or air, you need to drill a hole in your housing. and Electronic lockers are very heavy compared to air.

Latest posts

Members online