locker or true trac?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Quite honestly, I find your desire to "pop that diff cover" insulting. If you would have read post #54, you would have seen that I had already "popped that cover" when I put on my cool guy finned aluminum diff cover. I say this VERY publicly.

If its in there then you may want to find out what is wrong with it.

alwil

Reaction score
Quite honestly, I find your desire to "pop that diff cover" insulting. If you would have read post #54, you would have seen that I had already "popped that cover" when I put on my cool guy finned aluminum diff cover. I say this VERY publicly.
you must be happy with it or you would have taken it in to be looked at by now.

Karls03

Reaction score
If its in there then you may want to find out what is wrong with it.

It's not making noises, it does lay two stripes, just don't pound the loud pedal to the right. So, until I get $700 together for a Detroit Locker, its staying put. I've got 3 other projects that need attention right now, too. Well, that and the owner's manual clearly advises against taking it apart without knowing tolerances/having specific tools and such.

Last edited:

Snake

Reaction score

Not trying to insult you, but I am trying to figure out why your experience and feedback is different. I see a few possible scenarios:

1. You got suckered by whoever did your work. Either they said they put one in and didn't, or you see something installed and think its a TruTrac and its not. You're saying you've seen it and know its a TruTrac, so we'll discount this possibility.

2. The unit wasn't installed properly. Certainly an option, but I think there would be other symptoms (noise or broken parts).

3. Your TruTrac is defective. Another option, but I'm not sure how it would work some times and not others, and why its not showing other symptoms.

Not trying to start an argument with you, but everyone I know is happy with theirs and I can't remember ever reading any negative feedback about the TruTrac.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.